Thread: AZ Turner gathering

AZ Turner gathering

Each year Kevin McPeek and I hold a turner gathering at our shops in SE Gilbert AZ. We just decided on Oct 20th as the date for this years.

Usually it starts about 9 am and goes until people leave. Not sure exactly what is in the plan for this year but if you are interested in coming PM me your e-mail address.

For those of you that don't know Kevin and I live about 30 yards away from each other and between our two shops we have 2 full sized lathes and two mini's.
    Mike Vickery

Talking Sure mike

I'll be write over-I"M IN NY!-LOL why don't you hold the meeting here in NY- ????? put the lathe on a trailer hitch on the back of your vehicles , some wheels mounted on the back legs of coarse- that should draw some attention along the way, , ,,,,, well , on second thought,,,,,,,I'll drop a v-8 in the belly of my oliver and be write over! which is worse off? -LOL
    Mike,
    I wish I could make it- seriously! take some pictures to post!
    Happy Turnings ~ ( I gotta do something about my signature ending- it's to Mr. Rogerey) " It's a beautifully day in the neighborhood -la,la,la- Happy turning boys and girls "- THAT"S IT- it's time for a new signature ending for me!
    Brian

Well you know I'm there, I think between the two of us and our four lathes we should have enough to go around.
    Kevin
    Insert witty saying here.

Blog Entries
    Man I would be there in a minute but the Civano Artisan's show in Tucson is the same weekend and I'm the featured artist on the flyer's. I think they'd bury me in one of my turnings if I didn't show up. If the date changes please let me know. The following weekend I'm in Vegas for the SEMA show so I guess I'm out of luck.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Mike, does this mean that if I show up, I get the African sumac piece you made here: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=65613? After all, you DID say that the first one who showed up on your doorstep got it??

I'll be right over.

Nancy (86 days)
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Laird View Post
    Mike, does this mean that if I show up, I get the African sumac piece you made here: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=65613? After all, you DID say that the first one who showed up on your doorstep got it??

I'll be right over.

Nancy (86 days)
    If you show up first it is yours. Who knows though maybe your competition has a secret plan.
    Mike Vickery

Now that we're down in the 90s it should be great. Looking forward to this.

I checked with SWMBO, I'm in.

Mike and Kevin have asked me to do a demonstration at the gathering, I will be demonstrating the sequence and techniques for turning lattice top boxes similar to the one below.

Jason

Question Oct 20th meeting

Mike,
    So,,,,,,,,,- How was the gathering?- if I missed some information along the way,changes, cancellation~ sorry. I thought there may be some responses to the A-Z gathering.
    Brian

Hey Brian, Nancy started this thread to catalog the event...

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=67559

It was a good day and wrapped up late afternoon.

Post thank you

Thanks Brad!
    Brian