Thread: October Indy Woodworking Show

October Indy Woodworking Show

Has anyone in the Indianapolis area heard anything about The Consumer Woodworking Expo being held at the State Fair Grounds Oct. 5-6-7?
    I got a notice for The Woodworking Shows several weeks ago. I thought it was strange because that show, at the time, was still 4 months away. The notice said something about not being fooled that they were the real woodworking show.
    I did not get that at first but after seeing a post about the CWE the notice makes sence.
    I had not heard about the CWE until seeing a post about it yesterday.
    Their website does not give much info. I like to go to wodworking shows but I don't want to spend 3+ hours driving & gas to go to something that may not amount to much.

October Indy WoodWorking Show
    Last edited by Chris Rosenberger; 09-23-2007 at 12:21 PM.

I received a mailer on the show yesterday. Info in it is pretty much what is shown on the web site. It has a few ads in it that the internet doesn't show. Maybe I'll be able to get away--might even see you there. If you print your ticket from the web site, the cost is $6.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

I went to the show in Indy today and was a bit disappointed. It was smaller than I expected it to be. Peachtree woodworking must have been 1/2 the show. Incra was there as well as a few others. I did not stay for any of the presentations. I did purchase an upgraded fence for my Delta uni-fence and a few small parts, etc. I saved a little with "show" discounts and all but I live less than 10 miles from the location and it would not have been such a great deal if I had to travel much farther.

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    I believe Peachtree has bought the entire show out just a few weeks ago.

I decided not to go to the show in Indy. The wife & I decided to spend a few days in eastrn Ohio. Yesterday we spent the day looking at Longaberger baskets & crafts. Today we spent most of the day looking at tools. We went to Hartville Hardware & Kiem Lumber. Those 2 stores have a wide selection of tools.