Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A show with pics

A show with pics

I went and did a show yesterday. It went pretty well I sold a few peppermills and an asortment of other things. I figured I would take some pics of my display for you all.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats Bob and that is a good looking display. Glad to hear of your sales.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Someone has been busy at the lathe...nice selection!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

One thing I found odd was a guy look at one of my hf's several times to buy and I know he wasn't a turner. He didn't end up buying but before he left I saw him snap a pic of my bowls and hf's. I wondering why, maybe to try and have another turner duplicate it? I don't know

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Someone has been busy at the lathe...nice selection!
    Thanks Jim,
    I have been busy. I don't normally post my normal stuff like mills and wine Glasses. Just my nicer bowls and Hf's

Bob

i think there are a lot of people at art festivals who think "i can do that myself" and try to figure it out. perhaps that what he was doing.

hey - i notice that you are from dubois - i just moved up to emlenton - any good mills up here?

Wow Bob, you sure have some nice work there. Nicely displayed too.

Beautiful work Bob. I especially like those glass goblets with wooden bases. How did you remove the glass stem from the base and what type of glue did you use to glue the glass to the wood? Thanks....Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron McKinley View Post
    Beautiful work Bob. I especially like those glass goblets with wooden bases. How did you remove the glass stem from the base and what type of glue did you use to glue the glass to the wood? Thanks....Ron
    Ron,
    I buy them without the stem from Craft supply and use a silicone glue so it hase some give for wood movement.

Bob

Bob....Nice variety and excellent work!

Ron, I made a wooden stemmed goblet and had it engraved for my daughter's wedding. I bought the goblet locally....etched a ring around the stem and placed the stem over a wooden chair back and sharply rapped the stem with my fingers. The stem snapped cleanly at the etched line around the stem. Like Bob I used silicon adhesive to glue it on to the stem.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Bob

Thats a nice assortment you have on display. I remember 2 comments from my scroll saw crafting days. The husband and wife both viewing and she says "You have a scroll say. You can do that." The other comment is the husband saying "I have a scroll saw but I can't do that". I got a lot of enjoyment doing shows but the prep work was a real pain.

Terry

When I first started doing shows, I would get, "I can do that", but I don't hear that a lot now. I know you did not hear that about your work. I hope your were successfull.
    Glenn Hodges
    Nashville, Georgia

"Would you believe the only time I ever make mistakes is when someone is watching?"

nice looking display, bob!

i hope your efforts were rewarded.
    best regards,

jeffrey fusaro

mills

Julie
    what type of mills are you looking for? I'm not far away either
    ken
    Epilog Laser, CNC equipment, Corel X3 & 4, Aspire

Julie, there is a few mills close to me that I buy from sometimes for my flat work. Nothing I would call great, but if you use alot of domestic wood this place would be about 2- 2 1/2 hour drive but you could save some serious cash http://www.innernet.net/galleryofwood/index.htm. I get most of my flat working wood from mills that sell only to furniture makers. every now and then the list stuff they can't sell cheap. like wormy oak for .50 a bf.

if you are looking for exotics the place to go is 2 hours north into Olean, Ny. at http://www.westpennhardwoods.com they are a importer and distributer for exotics and supply woodcraft and many others, plus the let you walk right through there wharehouse and help yourself. I feel like a kid in a candy store or should a say a turner in a fancy wood store .

Bob