Thread: control panel "upfront" on the mustard TS- don't like bending over:(

Post control panel "upfront" on the mustard TS- don't like bending over:(

I was here at my desk thinking about all the bending down I am going to have to do with the setup for different speeds and the power switch on my new WP quick lift for the PC7518. I was thinking why did I get a woodpecker quick lift to begin with, what about all the other adjustments? so off I went to disassemble the electronics for the PC 7518. Removed the pc card, had a safety switch from from a prior machine , and the rpm meter I had made for the PC7518 last year (that was part of the plan). I left the switch in the PC housing and it is left in the on position - the main power is controlled by the safety switch on the new front control housing. The black long switch is the speed control and unit housed behind the casing. I designed the housing and the bracketing and now there is no more bending down for anything having to do with setup for wood shaping. I have 2 more coats of bright mustard to put on the casing but after that - I'll push the meter back in, fasten it down, put all the accessories back on and it's finished.
    For those of you that are mechanically inclined- it's a great solution to back aches and it can be done- you just have to plan it out-and definitely label all the wires.
    Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images