Thread: Semi-Gloat: Bandsaw Ordered

Semi-Gloat: Bandsaw Ordered

It is not here yet, but at least it is ordered. I got the Grizzly G0555 that gets such good reviews. I used the referral program they offer and actually got to see one in person and tinker with it a little. I was very impressed of the overall fit and finish. The machine ran very smooth with no vibration. I also went ahead and bought the riser block to go with it. It may not be something I need all the time, but it will be installed and be there if I need it. Plus I figure the little extra length of the blade can't hurt anything either. I will report back when it gets here.

I haven't read the bylaws here but I don't know if you can do a gloat (semi or not) with no picture of the equipment in your shop. I'll have to contact the head Moose, Mr. John Miliunas. Hang tight a sec....

(congrats!)
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Congrats Ray. I just ordered the same saw with the riser block. That bad boy is supposed to be in my garage tomorrow between 2-4pm. I also ordered a couple of Timberwolf blades.

Congratulations, Ray. You'll really enjoy your new saw. And buying the riser block up front was a good idea...you will end up being thankful you have it, even if just to give you a better view of what you are doing.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Ray - You have inspired me to do the same. I got a referral to someone local who has had the G0555 for a few months and am going to contact him this weekend. Looking forward to hearing your report on the saw.

Waymon...

Ray, I'm envious! That's next on my purchase list. Maybe an Anniversary present this April

The riser blocks you guys are talking about; are those listed on the Grizzly site as the 6" Extension Block kit? Just trying to figure out what I'm going to need to order.

Cliff, where did you order the Timberwolf blades from? And what sizes did you order? And why those sizes? (needless to say I have a LOT to learn )

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla
    I haven't read the bylaws here but I don't know if you can do a gloat (semi or not) with no picture of the equipment in your shop. I'll have to contact the head Moose, Mr. John Miliunas. Hang tight a sec....

(congrats!)
    Wel-l-l-l-l-l.....OK....I guess. Long as it's only a "semi"-gloat, we can let it slide. BUT, once that piece of equipment hits the shop floor, it's a "Kodak Moment"! Congrats Ray. Hope you enjoy it!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Timberwolf Blades

You can get them direct from the manufacturer, Suffolk Machinery. 1-800-234-7297. Tell them what you will be doing with your saw and what you might do with it and they will tell you what you need. They are very knowledgeable and friendly and will take very good care of you.

Congrats on the G0555. I love mine with it's riser. You lose NOTHING from having it on except the ability to set the tension on the gauge but that really doesn't work accurately anyway even without the riser. Ask the Suffolk people any questions you may have about tensioning and such and you won't go wrong.

Mark

Mark, first post and already sharing useful info and experience(s)! Good for you! Welcome to the Creek. Super place to hang out! Come back often and stay long! (BTW, we *like* pics, as in, projects, workshops, etc....)
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Skory
    Ray, I'm envious! That's next on my purchase list. Maybe an Anniversary present this April

The riser blocks you guys are talking about; are those listed on the Grizzly site as the 6" Extension Block kit? Just trying to figure out what I'm going to need to order.

Cliff, where did you order the Timberwolf blades from? And what sizes did you order? And why those sizes? (needless to say I have a LOT to learn )

Jeff, I ordered them directly from Suffolk Machinery. I got a 3/8 inch with 8 teeth per inch and a 3/4 for resawing with 3 tpi.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Wel-l-l-l-l-l.....OK....I guess. Long as it's only a "semi"-gloat, we can let it slide. BUT, once that piece of equipment hits the shop floor, it's a "Kodak Moment"! Congrats Ray. Hope you enjoy it!
    John,

Since it's a Grizzly product, wouldn't that make it a "Kodiak moment" ?

Sorry all, I just can't resist a bad pun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James, I think you'll get away with that 'cause its Fun Friday!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.