Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freud FT2200E 3.25hp router $120 peachtree

Rick,

If you feel you really need to adjust from above you might consider a lift like the Router Raizer. I am not affiliated with them but have installed and used their product on the FT2200E router and it works very well.
    Charles M
    Freud America, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Huse View Post
    Hi, name is Rick, I just registered. I bought the Freud FT2200E from Woodcraft. I may have jumped too fast, please feel free to give advise. I'm sure it is a nice router, it's just that I jumped fast due to the price and wanting a 3 1/4 HP router for the router table I am about to build. Now I see it does not adjust from the top, and not sure what is the best way to go. I am not really ready to purchase a router lift that cost close to twice what the router cost me. I already have a Borsch 1617EVS with two bases, but wanted a larger router for permanent table mounting. Any advice?

I use a Router Raizer with a FT2200 in my table. It's much less expensive then a dedicated type lift and works great. But even before the Raizer I didn't find the 2000/2200 all that difficult to adjust from below using the adjusting knob. It does however help to remove one or both plunge springs. Bear in mind that if you do remove the springs you can't use it for handheld work but I see that you intend it for table use only. In my opinion it's a great router. Enjoy.

Rick,

I have my Freud mounted in a table too. I just reach underneath and adjust the height. Doesn't bother me at all. It had gobs of power so it's just a little inconvenience.

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Huse View Post
    Hi, name is Rick, I just registered. I bought the Freud FT2200E from Woodcraft. I may have jumped too fast, please feel free to give advise. I'm sure it is a nice router, it's just that I jumped fast due to the price and wanting a 3 1/4 HP router for the router table I am about to build. Now I see it does not adjust from the top, and not sure what is the best way to go. I am not really ready to purchase a router lift that cost close to twice what the router cost me. I already have a Borsch 1617EVS with two bases, but wanted a larger router for permanent table mounting. Any advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles McCracken View Post
    Rick,

If you feel you really need to adjust from above you might consider a lift like the Router Raizer. I am not affiliated with them but have installed and used their product on the FT2200E router and it works very well.

If you really want/need above the table height adjustment and bit changes, Freud has the new FT3000VCE as the 2200 series replacement. ($290 or around)
    Besides the router raiser, you can do things in your shop:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ht=router+lift

Ft2200e

Thanks to eveyone for the quick response to my concern. I feel much better regarding my "jumping on a good price" for the router. I will keep the Router Raizer in mind for sure, but will start out just trying the router in the table to see how much inconvienece it is, then go to the Raizer if it bugs me too much. Again, thanks to eveyone.