Thread: Kansas City Woodworking Show

Question Kansas City Woodworking Show

I am considering taking a road trip to Kansas City for the Woodworking show Feb 13-15. Several questions come to mind.

Has this show been worth attending in the past?

Since I am looking for planers, bandsaws, TS sliding tables, edge sanders, lathes, are the upper end varieties of these tools shown?

Are these manufacturers going to be there? Delta, Grizzly, PowerMatic, Woodmaster, Aganazzi (spelling?), ShopFox or is there a web site where I can find out what dealers/manufacturers will be present?

I have several ways I might get there: private plane, subaru outback, or ford truck. If I were to purchase something at one of these shows (hoping for a show discount), how would I pick it up (no snide comments about fork lifts)? As you can tell, I have never been to one of these shows. Would I have to take delivery there (and pay KC taxes) as well as drive a vehicle to transport it back, or can I have it directly shipped to Colorado from there or from the manufacturer (flying in to save time)? Other options?

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Link

Here is a link with the information you are seeking:

http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/s...=Kansas%20City
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Wow, I am not sure. I live locally and I think it is great show for many things. I get to see a lot of new stuff, demos, and pick up the odds and ends I need for decent prices.

You will get touch and feel many brands (Jet, General, Delta, Powermatic, and the occassional Grizzly). The floor models are for sale and if you get there early you can stake your clame... don't wait to day 3 or most will have already been sold.

While in town you can go to Woodcrafters (they will be at the show too) and Overland Tools, who use to be at the shows but doe to how much space they needed found it to be cheaper for them to have a show at their store (about 10-15 minutes from the show). They have all kinds of mfrs there and you can get a decent price. They also have some higher quality stuff.

Most manafucturers you mentioned will be there, but i do not recall ever seeing Wood Master and Aganazzi. For some reason Grizzly never has their tools other then something in Wood Magazine's booth, so you will not get to see their line... but they are only another 3 hours away and are open on Saturdays.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs