Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Table Saw outfeed table question???

Instead of having to twist the feet in or out (possibly with a wrench?) couldn't you build it so that the rod of the foot slid up and down inside the leg and then attach a screw handle (like on most jigs) to tighten it?

This would make for very quick adjustments.

Dan,

I built an extension table from which the legs do not go to the floor when folded out (similar to the picture you attached) and which folds flat against the back of the saw. I wanted to be able to move the saw, a G1023S in my case, with the extension table in the up position. The pictures below show my solution. It works quite well. As you can see from the pictures, the leg support for the extension table fit together with a pin and tail type arrangment held in place with two toggle clamps for a quick set up.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's way too clever, Mike!! Seriously, the hinging is ingenious!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim. I so wish I had room for a big 'ol dedicated, always-in-place outfeed/assembly table, but I just don't have that luxury. But my hinging mechanism solution meets my needs and is surprisingly stable.

Mike

Mike that arrangement would also work very nicely for swing down worksurfaces or other fixtures attached to a wall. Nice!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...