Thread: Rush job for tomorrow

Rush job for tomorrow

Here's another example where a combination of vinyl and laser were used.

The top name strip is vinyl on non-glare acrylic.

Under that the S is cut from Rowmark brushed aluminum.

The green is cut acrylic, the yellow is vinyl.

The bottom is frosted acrylic.

The holes in the nameplate line up with those in the bottom layer of frosted, and will have black screw caps.

I just got everything together to do this yesterday and it's due first
    thing in the morning for installation on lockers, 17 more to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Are the screws you are putting in holding the whole thing together? Looks great. What is the final thickness?
    Doug

Equipment: Universal 35W Laser, Roland Vinyl cutter, Roland SC-540 54" Solvent Print / Cut, HP L25500 60" Latex Printer,
    Seal 6500 Dual Heat 60" Laminator, Kodak 9810 8x10 Dye Sub, Kodak 6850 6x8 Dye sub, Nisca Color Plastic Card Printer,
    16x20 automatic Heat Press

The only thing that's not stuck together is the nameplate, so it can be changed. I used 3M 467 MP on the backs of pieces before cutting to peel 'n stick.

The screws will go into the wood wall behind to hold the nameplate to the sign and the whole thing to the wall. All together it measures 7/16" thick.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Very nice Joe! I totally agree, vinyl plotters and lasers compliment each other so well.

Both have got me work for the other one. Laser jobs have got me in the door to get vinyl and vinyl work has got me in the door to do laser work.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Nice work

So do you get 2nd pick type money for that?
    I just want to live happily ever after,
    every now and then.

-- Jimmy Buffett

Very slick Joe. I'm going to have to start thinking about incorporating vinyl work into my laser and CNC designs. As I haven't used my vinyl cutter much since I purchased it I don't normally think about using it when I am designing new signs other than traditional vinyl work.

Now some new "Food For Thought".

Thanks

Me too. Mine's been gathering dust. But I've seen some black vinyl on polished stainless signs that were beautiful and looked very pricey.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7