Thread: A couple of signs we have done

A couple of signs we have done

I have been on the laser side of this forum for some time now and never saw the sign forum. I thought I would share a couple of recent projects we have done after reading some post about laser and signs. We use our laser for making signs all the time. We also run solvent printers, vinyl cutters, and sandblast as well. I would love to hear some feedback from others doing similar projects. The Ascension sign is all PVC, vinyl post. Lettering is 1/4" laser cut acrylic. Top of the sign is lexan with printed clear graphic double sided to create a stained glass appearance without the cost. People have been calling about doing stained glass since they have seen this. The second sign is 1/4" acrylic, sanded back to frost, vinyl, 1/4" acrylic and clear printed vinyl make up the front of the sign.
    Thanks
    Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful work, Doug. I'm glad to see you using a combination of equipment to make more creative signs.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Very nice work.

Thanks for posting it.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Doug,

How about a few more pictures so we can see a bit more detail. Great looking signs and nice selection of materials.

Some additional photos

Here are a couple of different angles.

Thanks
    Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok, it is starting to make sense to me now but what is clear printed vinyl? Is it a clear vinyl that you use the solvent printer to print directly on the surface?

Yes Keith, it's just clear vinyl that allows you to print on it, if it's what I believe it to be.

Same thing as a normal printed decal, except instead of printing on a color substrate, it's printed on clear substrate.

Very nice looking signs, thanks for sharing.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Clear Vinyl

Yes, It is clear vinyl that is solvent printed and gloss laminated. We used it on both signs. The stained glass top and the satellite provider numbers were printed this way.
    Doug

Equipment: Universal 35W Laser, Roland Vinyl cutter, Roland SC-540 54" Solvent Print / Cut, HP L25500 60" Latex Printer,
    Seal 6500 Dual Heat 60" Laminator, Kodak 9810 8x10 Dye Sub, Kodak 6850 6x8 Dye sub, Nisca Color Plastic Card Printer,
    16x20 automatic Heat Press