Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sears 17" DP on Sale! $180

Sears 17" DP on Sale! $180

Not sure if these are any good, but the price might work for someone! On sale til tomorrow, 10/13. List $530 - on sale for $180!

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...00100312&aff=Y

WOW!!! This sounds too good to be true, but maybe they are clearing them out? You can pick up locally too--both Sears stores near me have them available for pickup. Had this sale happened when I was buy a DP, I'd probably have this one instead of the Steel City. I actually looked at it, but even at the sale price at the time ($479 I think) it wasn't enough less to stay on my list.

Thank you Russ!! I have already ordered mine online and will pick it up on my way home from work. Will this be considered a gloat?

Considering I've been looking for a floor DP, I called Beasty about it and she said "what are ya waiting for, order it and we'll pick it up tonight"
    Beatsy must have missed her drugs or something...

Thanks I'll order one right after this post.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

5. Russ,
    thank you very much.
    Took me 2.5 sec to make a decision before ordering one.
    Does anyone need mine old junky beaten up DP?

Russ,
    Thanks for the heads-up. Just placed an order. I don't even have the space in the garage anymore - may have to go in the basement.

At that price I just couldn't resist it. I just ordered one for pickup. I know what I'll be doing today. Thanks Russ.

Is it feasible to put a 17 DP on a mobile base?

I have a small shop, but I recently realized that the quill travel on my 10 dp just wasn't enough.

I don't really have room for this DP, so I would have to put it on a mobile base.

thoughts?

Rob, it can be done, but I would worry about such a top heavy tool when moving it around. Even a bandsaw on a mobile base can get tippy in my experience.

I have mine on a mobile base. I got one of the smaller bases and then bolted a piece of 3/4 ply too it and then attached the DP onto the plywood. I make sure it is not raised when I am using the DP and have had no issues. When I move it, I just make sure to take it slow. The base is one of the shop fox type, it has four wheels, not the 3 wheel kind.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Thanks, Russ, perfect timing for me!

I recently put a drill press on a adjustable size mobile base. I put the raiseing mechanism towards the front of the machine, the problem is that the motor hangs off the back of the drill press makeing it a bit back heavy. When I raise the front to move the press around it's about ready to tip over. If I was to put it on another mobile base I would recomend a mobile base that doesn't lift, one that has a swivel in the front and wheel locks in the back like some HTC bases. Even then a guy would have to be very careful when wheeling it around. I only use the base to pull the press away from the wall about a foot, I don't go far with it.

I think Sears needs to give me a commission! Glad to help. Hope all the orders go through. I got this off of the fatwallet shopping site. They've been known to ransack stores and cause things to go out of stock in record times!

Many thanks!

I got one too.

Gil

I ordered one earlier this morning after a buddy sent me an email about it. It's not supposed to be in the store for 23 days ... so hopefully I'll actually get it. Man, that website was painful to order from. I guess all the SMCers are clogging it up with DP orders.
    There are 3 of us here at work with orders in.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter