Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Funds Drive for a fellow creeker

I asked PayPal to discount their discount fees, the reply was unless we are registered as a non-profit they can't provide any discounts. But I will pick up the tab for any PayPal fees to make sure all the contributions get used for the intended purpose.
    The means by which an end is reached must exemplify the value of the end itself.

Smile Zahid

I just wanted to thank you Zahid for doing this for Dennis, very nice gesture on your part. I will be sending my donation in through pay-pal- I will rummage through the thread to find out how to do this.

and Dennis,
    I hope all goes well with you and your family- I wish you the best! Hang in there buddy- we are all trying to help
    Sincerely,
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian Weick; 10-27-2007 at 2:11 PM. Reason: typo- sorry about the political statement Ken :)

Quote Originally Posted by Zahid Naqvi View Post
    I asked PayPal to discount their discount fees, the reply was unless we are registered as a non-profit they can't provide any discounts. But I will pick up the tab for any PayPal fees to make sure all the contributions get used for the intended purpose.

Very generous of you Zahid! Thanks!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thank you Zahid.
    As one who has been through this I can tell you that this can happen to even those of us with "good insurance". I lost my first wife to breast cancer...and by the time it was all done I was more than $250,000.00 in debt. If it wasn't for other blessings in my life...I'd be really in trouble.
    Last edited by Glenn Clabo; 10-28-2007 at 7:27 AM.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

LeeB in Benton will send what I can. Some on the way to SMC too. You're
    all a pretty good group.
    LeeB--

Think outside the box,
    the light's much brighter.

Have an Idea.

Zahid,

If someone can figure out a way (Simple and Fair) to have a lottery of some kind I will donate 100 Board feet of super 4/4 cherry and ship it anywhere in the lower 48. I will donate the lumber and pay for all shipping costs. The cherry was sawn from logs harvested in Northwest Pa. beautiful color 95% red and clear at least one face. I would say $20.00 per chance and all monies go to the cause. We could run it for thirty days then the winner will be drawn and I will ship the lumber or deliver if the winner is close. I just don't know of a way to do it yet. Any suggestions? Anyone?

Mike

Michael, what a very generous offer. I think this is a great idea and personally I would be in for $20 a chance and Im sure alot of others would be too. The world needs more souls like yours, thats for sure.

Jim
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Zahid-- PayPal on the way-- Dennis hope things get better!
    Jerry

Michael,
    That is very generous. I would participate in a raffle if it can be pulled off. I would suggest being very careful since it coulb be legally sticky though. We are all friends here and it is a good cause but this is a pretty public place and there could be guidelines that should be followed.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Zahid,

Check is in the mail.

Mike
    "In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Paypal Sent

Thanks for taking the lead on this and helping a fellow woodworker in their time of need.
    Paypal sent, emnail message sent.

Best wishes to Dennis & his family
    AZ Scott
    So many tangents so little time.

Money sent via paypal.
    Thanks Zahid
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morgan View Post
    Zahid,

If someone can figure out a way (Simple and Fair) to have a lottery of some kind I will donate 100 Board feet of super 4/4 cherry and ship it anywhere in the lower 48. I will donate the lumber and pay for all shipping costs. The cherry was sawn from logs harvested in Northwest Pa. beautiful color 95% red and clear at least one face. I would say $20.00 per chance and all monies go to the cause. We could run it for thirty days then the winner will be drawn and I will ship the lumber or deliver if the winner is close. I just don't know of a way to do it yet. Any suggestions? Anyone?

Mike
    Mike that is a very good idea and a very generous offer, I will have to talk to Keith and see what he thinks about it.
    The means by which an end is reached must exemplify the value of the end itself.

Update #2

I got the first batch of checks this morning, about 10. The total with the PayPal and the checks now stands at
    $1515

I have a few other ideas that we are discussing, keep your eyes on the classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by Zahid Naqvi View Post
    I got the first batch of checks this morning, about 10. The total with the PayPal and the checks now stands at
    $1515

I have a few other ideas that we are discussing, keep your eyes on the classifieds

That is just too cool! Thanks to everyone here at the Creek for your generosity in helping a fellow Creeker out!

Just too cool!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....