Thread: I hate Amazon or Where else to purchase JDS 750JER Air Cleaner

Angry I hate Amazon or Where else to purchase JDS 750JER Air Cleaner

I hate Amazon! I ordered the JDS 750 air cleaner from them hoping to apply a $25 discount on Jan 23rd. Just was notified that the new delivery estimate is March 10th!

So where else to get it from? PennState? WoodCraft? I want to call and be assured that they have it in stock! Can I buy from JDS direct?

Thanks,

-dan

I bought mine at the Wood Show a couple years ago direct, here is the web site:

http://www.thejdscompany.com/

Love it!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Smith
    I hate Amazon! I ordered the JDS 750 air cleaner from them hoping to apply a $25 discount on Jan 23rd. Just was notified that the new delivery estimate is March 10th!

So where else to get it from? PennState? WoodCraft? I want to call and be assured that they have it in stock! Can I buy from JDS direct?

Thanks,

-dan
    Dan,
    Sorry about your delay in getting a very good product . I ordered mine from Amazon during the second week of December in '02 and had it hanging in my shop 6 days later . I remember this because I thought it was great service considering the Christmas rush. Where ever you get it, rest assured you are getting a quality air cleaner.
    Ron
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

I purchased my from amazon, no problem about 1 week, unlike the jet combo sander I ordered at the begining of Jan and it still has not shipped. They sell them at my local woodcraft here in Dayton, instock, seen one 2 days ago on the shelf. I love mine! One thing they do not mention in there specs. is that the moter has an electronic speed control.(Motor will slowly ramp up to speed). This is a great feature. Alot less stress on the motor.
    Scott

I Love Amazon

Amazon does an amazing job, while usually providing the lowest prices anywhere, or darn close. In general, I have found their delivery estimates to be conservative, and their service to be exdcellent, but I guess things can go wrong from time to time with any business.

IMHO, Amazon made a huge advance by allowing customers to write feedback on specific products. This is a great idea and a great use of the web.

ymmv

hmmm, I guess it may be a supply issue then, seeing everyone who has had good luck with this item from Amazon. However, I do find them to be very inconsistant with there order estimations. Ships in 24 hours can mean that, or 2 weeks depending on the item. It seems (at least from the items I have purchased from them) that bigger tools are more of a problem than smaller items.

Well, I will do some research, as of now, my order is still on Amazon's system, so maybe it will ship before I can find it someplace else.

-dan

I have bought most of my shop from ToolCrib over the years which as you know is now with Amazon. The only shipping wait problem I ever had was the retrofit kit for my Jet 1100 DC. However, they said at the outset that shipping would not be for some months. Then they extended that another 5 weeks. I'm just assuming that they were waiting for the supplier to make them.

Before Christmas, I ordered a digital camera and also a batter charger. I was not aware that the camera kit already came with a charger. They deducted the return shipping charge from my refund when I returned the charger. I told them I was through doing business with them and they credited my account for the difference to keep me happy. I just ordered a bostich nailer from them for a real great price so I'm still their customer for now.

Stan
    Project Salvager

The key to the gateway of wisdom is to know that you don't know.______Stan Smith

Blog Entries

Other options

I did a google search for "JDS 750 Air cleaner" and got a large number of hits for places that sell them that do not appear to be amazon.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Hey Dan,

I had about the same delay on my air cleaner from Amazon, expected ship date was moved to March 5.

Fed-Ex just delivered it about an hour ago, no word from Amazon it had shipped or anything

Maybe your next

Kevin,

Thanks for the heads up. I will keep my eyes open, but still no updates on Amazon about processing or shipping. They did give me free 2nd day shipping after I complained, but estimated delivery date is still 2 weeks out.

-dan

Give CoastalTool a try

I've been purchasing quite a few things from CoastalTool as recently(including a JDS 750-ER) and have found their prices and shipping rates to be very reasonable. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again.

http://www.coastaltool.com/

I used to purchase a lot of items from Amazon but as of late I find that you never know when the item is actually going to ship, if ever. They also used to have the best prices around but I think now it pays to shop around.

Regards,

-- Ian