Thread: Super Nova Chuck Parts

Super Nova Chuck Parts

Hi All,

I need the screws that hold the jaws in the chuck due to stripping of the heads. Besides the manufacturer, where can you buy these? Can you get them at local hardware stores? I think they're M6 x 10 mm screws. Thanks.
    Alan T. Thank God for every pain free day you live.

I got some spares at the locale T. V. hardware store , I had the same problem with not being able to get them out so I did a marine machinist trick of coating them with Koper coat to keep em from freezing up, vasiline works just as good tho, just a touch and don't reef on em too hard, as the book suggest " a little grease under the head will assist in easy removal later " when you do the jaw alignment. And they are M6x6 flat socket head screws, I think doormor carries them also, cost me .45 cents each. make sure that they are the heat treated ones.
    John 3:16

Paul, thank you very much. I'm going to check locally but may order if I can't get the exact match. Thanks again for all the great info. Alan

I just got a set from Craft Supply. I think they were 3.95. They were not in the catalog but the Customer Rep was very helpful on the phone order and located them.
    God is great and life is good!

Different chuck, but substantially the same hardware. I replaced all of mine with countersunk Phillips head screws from Ace hardware. Available stock may vary among franchisees, but the one near me has a very comprehensive assortment, including most common metric fasteners. Probably stainless, and not heat-treated, so get a few extras for replacement when/if needed.

Socket heads this small can become packed with sanding dust, which prevents adequate purchase by the Allen wrench. Similar with setscrews. That's why I substituted Phillips head.

Joe

If you pack the socket with a little vaseline also , they clean right up.
    John 3:16

Thanks Joe and Mike!

I'll check out those suggestions. I have to do something before I get one stuck again. Thanks again. Alan