I just got off the phone with Ray, the manager of

Woodcraft Supply
6954 Green Oaks Rd.
Fort Worth, Texas 76116

ph # 817-569-0777

We have a Freedom Pens Turn-A-Thon scheduled for Saturday, March 13, 2004 from 10:00am - 5:00pm.

Several lathes will be set up for those who can volunteer to turn. The store will donate the pen kits for the turners to use plus I'll have a box where the public can buy kits (at a discount) and have them made for the troops as well. This way the store can have a little cash flow as well.

Now to contact the media! Plus, could we get a link on the FreedomPens.org page?

I couldn't let ya'll get one up on me!

Ray is really coming through for us. The store is having a drawing for a Delta lathe at 4:00pm and all you have to do is sign up for it!y talked with Delta and now they want to help Freedom Pens too so they are donating the lathe. The winner DOES have to be present to win but no purchase is necessary.
Ray is of Scottish descent and is advertising that he will be wearing his kilt. Anyone coming into the store with any form of plaid on that day gets 10% off of any Delta product. Also, there will be balloons for the kids, plus he is putting together packets of pen hits and wood blanks with a blank card for folks to purchase at a discount, write a personal message to a troop, and drop it in a box to be turned and sent to a troop. He said there sould be 6-7 lathes going all the time and the store is donating all the supplies, He has about 14-15 people who are willing to turn pens.

Thanks!

Jerry