Thread: Circuit Breaker Cross Reference Chart

Smile Circuit Breaker Cross Reference Chart

I am in the process of adding a few new circuits to my shop. My load center is a Cutler-Hammer BR series. I have been told by a few Borg employees that several other brand name circuit breakers are compatible with my load center. I want to make sure that I install breakers that are compatible. At one time I had a cross reference chart that specified which breakers could be used in which manufacturer's load center. I can not find the chart and have not been able to locate it on the Internet. Does anyone on SMC have a copy of the chart or can direct me to a site on the Internet that does?
    Thank you in advance.
    I think I have solved my problem with out the chart. I tried all of my surplus breakers in the panel and most of them fit. Should-a- thought of it first but I never take the easy route.
    Last edited by David G Baker; 11-01-2007 at 8:14 PM.
    David B

The brands that interchange with yours will fit. Take one with you and match it up.

Try these brands:

G.E. Full sized, Bryant, ITE "EQ" series, or Murrey.

Bruce
    "The great thing about Wood Turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed to have something beautiful. Nature does tha Hard work."

M.H. Woodturning, Etc.
    Peoria, Illinois 61554

Bruce,
    Murrey, Siemens, Gross-Hinds and Square D's Home-line fit perfectly.
    Not sure about the spelling.
    Thanks.
    David B

David,

Siemens is the old ITE, The second one is Crouse Hinds (Can't remember who they bought out). Didn't know that "Homeline were interchangeable. Thanks for "learnin' me today".

Bruce
    "The great thing about Wood Turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed to have something beautiful. Nature does tha Hard work."

M.H. Woodturning, Etc.
    Peoria, Illinois 61554

Why not stick with Cutler-Hammer? I believe Home Depot carries the BR breakers, but maybe they only have the CH ones.

I think the only reason Home Depot has any Cutler-Hammer stuff is because Menards is big here and Menards sells lots of Cutler-Hammer panels. Personally I usually go to Menards for breakers and panels, but you may not have that option.

Brian,
    This is my first Cutler-Hammer panel and from the research that I have done, the company that owns Cutler-Hammer now owns several other panel making companies and they seem to have standardized many of their products to be interchangeable. Amazing what a person can learn by asking questions and researching the Internet. I haven't checked yet to see if HD or Menard's carry the product line but I will very soon.
    David B