Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tool Gloat, not planned

Rich,
    The store was Cleveland Tool & Cutter.

Brian,
    A friend told me that Hartville Tool will have the same package on sale during their annual tool sale the weekend of Nov 16 & 17. I do not know for a fact this is true but I believe my friend.

Michael,
    The Colt is only 1 Hp. I suspect it does not have enough power but since I've never tried it I'm only guessing.

I am not affiliated with Cleveland Tool & Cutter or Hartville Tool except as a happy customer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Booth View Post
    I have those same tools, I like them both.

I noticed with the Colt router that the combination of a 1/4" collet and a short wrench occasionally had me not getting the bit tight enough and it would pull out ~ 1/8" during use. I hae 2 big Bosch routers that are both permanent mounted (table and woodrat) so I am used to the router being fixed and the wrenches being long.

Now I have a laminated post it permanently affixed to the colt remind me to tighten thoroughly.

Enjoy!

Jeff
    Save yourself some trouble and buy a second wrench for the Colt. My arbor lock on my VS Colt was repaired under warranty twice and they finally gave me a flat wrench to use instead of the push button lock. The arbor notch failed, not the push rod (ouch).

The failing shaft lock design aside, it is one of my favorite tools. ;-) I also love my Bosch 1591VS and am sure you will like your saw as well.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weber View Post
    hum, need a better scroll saw and was considering the colt for a router for dove tails. Does the little Palm router have enough power for large dovetails? I like the size but the 1/4 inch only collet kind of makes me want to get something else that might be more adaptable to other uses
    The Colt definitly has a surprising amount of power and I would recommend the VS version if possible. That being said, I would not recommend it for DTs (or any 1/4" shaft router for that matter. YMMV.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

4. I used to be a 100% Milwaukee guy, but have bought both of the items you did and couldn't be happier with the Bosch.

Especially the aggressive little bugger saw blade. Geez, that little puppy c-u-t-s.
    Vietnam Vet With No Apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin J Martin View Post
    Is going for this deal worth it? I was thinking about going with the 1590 because of the improved blade stability and other features that I have read. But this is $30 cheaper and comes with the free Colt. Can somebody help me make the decision. I need a decent jigsaw.
    I would think they are doing this to clear out the 1587s because they want to push the 1590s. The 1590 is a really sweet saw, but as someone else said, the 1587 is outstanding-it's been one of the best of its kind for years now. I've had the barrel grip version for 13 years now, and I have no plans to replace it. If I was in the market, I would go for the 1587 deal (free router!!!) esp. if they had the barrel grip model. I just like the barrel grip saws.

Either way though you cannot go wrong!

I have that same set up and love them both. They are really great tools.

Also, I recent bought the PS20 and the PS40. These are the 10.8v drill driver and impact driver. They were great for the deck that I just finished. The would both easy drive 3.5in #8 screws. The impact driver was great because it required absolutely no pressure to drive the screws so you don't have to worry about the bit slipping and stripping the screwhead.

They are all great products and you will find that they are a joy to use.

that is an excellent jigsaw...Congrats
    Jerry

I love my Bosch jigsaw. I keep finding more ways to use my small laminate trimmer, I am sure you will be pleased with both tools!