Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tool Gloat, not planned

Tool Gloat, not planned

Have a tool gloat for tools(s) that weren't planned. I attended an open house for a store in Cleveland where my neighbor works. Makita, Festool, Bosch, PC, and few more reps were there with displays. I finally wandered over the Bosch table where a small cordless drill caught my attention. We talked about it for some time but I really do not need another cordless drill. During our conversation the rep mentioned they had a special package deal ($149) on their jigsaw and Colt router. I've had my eye on a small router for some time. Who ever has enough routers? My jigsaw is a Black & Decker that I either bought or was given as a gift 30 years ago. It was inexpensive then and never really cut accurately. So now I'm the proud owner of a Bosch 1587AVS Jigsaw and Bosch Colt single speed router.

I used the router on a project I'm working on to roundover the sharp corners. It worked beautifully. Much easier than wrestling with a heavy one. What a great weekend it has turned out to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have those same tools, I like them both.

I noticed with the Colt router that the combination of a 1/4" collet and a short wrench occasionally had me not getting the bit tight enough and it would pull out ~ 1/8" during use. I hae 2 big Bosch routers that are both permanent mounted (table and woodrat) so I am used to the router being fixed and the wrenches being long.

Now I have a laminated post it permanently affixed to the colt remind me to tighten thoroughly.

Enjoy!

Jeff

love the jig saw. great choice

lou

Ralph, there’s no comparison between a cheap jigsaw and a good jigsaw. You’re going to love it.
    I have the Colt, it’s a nice little router.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Congratulations Ralph. It sounds like you got a good deal on two great tools. Nice score.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

I'm new in these forums and just picked up a Bosch Colt this afternoon. Just cost me $28.00 including tax.

To be honest I won two Lowe's $50.00 gifts cards at work. Figure I'd put thme to good use.

Louis

Jig saw

Have used a various jig saws before but my Bosh is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Okonieski View Post
    Have a tool gloat for tools(s) that weren't planned. I attended an open house for a store in Cleveland where my neighbor works. Makita, Festool, Bosch, PC, and few more reps were there with displays.
    What store?

Regards,

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Dorffer View Post
    What store?

Regards,

Rich
    I got a Rockler flyer the other day that has the same deal in it. I suspect it's available other places as well.

10. Is going for this deal worth it? I was thinking about going with the 1590 because of the improved blade stability and other features that I have read. But this is $30 cheaper and comes with the free Colt. Can somebody help me make the decision. I need a decent jigsaw.

Question Sweet!

Very nice Ralph, that was a good package price. I have a PC jig and was thinking of getting a new one- do they still have this deal going on?
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin J Martin View Post
    Is going for this deal worth it? I was thinking about going with the 1590 because of the improved blade stability and other features that I have read. But this is $30 cheaper and comes with the free Colt. Can somebody help me make the decision. I need a decent jigsaw.
    I have had my Botch saw for over 15 years and it still works great.Many, many woodworkers and publications rate the Bosch jig saw #1.
    Gary

Great score I have the Jig Saw and am wanting the router maybe from Santa? Santa are you reading these baords???

Congrats

14. Quote Originally Posted by Brian Weick View Post
    Very nice Ralph, that was a good package price. I have a PC jig and was thinking of getting a new one- do they still have this deal going on?
    Brian
    This deal is still going on. I found it at Internation Tool, can I post a link to it or is that against the rules here? I think that I am going to purchase it.

hum, need a better scroll saw and was considering the colt for a router for dove tails. Does the little Palm router have enough power for large dovetails? I like the size but the 1/4 inch only collet kind of makes me want to get something else that might be more adaptable to other uses