Thread: Campbell-Hausfeld 3 Nailer Deal $149.00

Blog Entries

Question Campbell-Hausfeld 3 Nailer Deal $149.00

Costco has this deal for 3 nailers for $149.00. Includes framing, finish and brad nailers. I love my Hitachi's, but my Bro-in-law wants a set of these for Christmas. He wants to start building furniture. I think he would like dependable results...sorry, I don't know him very well yet and he lives about three hours away.

Should I warn him off of these? Are they worth the plastic they're built with?

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...se=&lang=en-US

Thanks for your advice,
    Greg
    Last edited by Greg Muller; 11-08-2007 at 11:17 AM. Reason: more info
    My continuing search for old tools- rusthunter dot com

We just finally joined Costco this week. According to the sign, if you aren't satisfied with something they will take it back. In other words, what does he have to lose?

One thing I didn't notice is that the framing nailer doesn't say whether it is a clipped head nailer or not.

I guess it all depends on BIL's projects and standards. For the occasional project, they might be fine. What kind of person is your BIL. My friend down the street thinks the best tool is the cheapest. He bought his house new and his projects are few and far between.
    Me, on the other hand, like nice tools and I probably buy tools that are actually better then I need. ( Is that possible?) Then there is the people who buy in the middle of the price range. I guess only you know what your BIL would really like, huh?
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    We just finally joined Costco this week. According to the sign, if you aren't satisfied with something they will take it back. In other words, what does he have to lose?

One thing I didn't notice is that the framing nailer doesn't say whether it is a clipped head nailer or not.
    Matt, I have been a member of Costco since it came here in the early 90's. It is one of my favorite stores. We bought a wide screen HDTV a few months ago ( after a year of "looking") from Costco and even though it was past the 30 day period, when they lowered the price of the TV $100 they did some creative computer work and credited our card for the reduction.
    And your right about the return policy...they are rated one of the best retailers. Also a side note: They retain their employees and have a good pay package.
    Gary

Blog Entries
    I guess I don't know him well enough to determine what is right for him.
    Part of me says that if this is what he's asking for, then just get it for him and don't worry about the consequences, but the tool-freak part of me says to not buy my BIL (or anyone) a junk tool.

I guess I just want to know if this tool is dependable and consistent enough for the people I'm asking the question of... you guys.

Would you trust this tool on your nice projects?

I have an older version of that brad nailer. I bought it towards the end of Payless Cashways (350 store). That has certainly been fine for me, and their vehicle air line has been fine for my father (harry homeowner type). If he was in construction, then I would say he would probably be better off with the brands that they use (would cost at least that much for just the framing nailer).

I only wish that link would have said it was a full head nailer (not clipped), as I had to go to another site to find that.

Are these available at our local Costco, or just online? (would give me an excuse to go look today)

I saw them at my Costco yesterday.

Blog Entries
    They are in the local store.
    We have a membership and he was here a couple days ago to visit. We let them go with us when there is a large item they want to shop for, we don't mind sharing our membership a little. They bought a laptop and he saw these and put it on his wish list.

Only issue for me would be the angled finish nailer. Sometimes hard to find nails. Betcha they will work as well as he might need.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Muller View Post
    They are in the local store.
    We have a membership and he was here a couple days ago to visit. We let them go with us when there is a large item they want to shop for, we don't mind sharing our membership a little. They bought a laptop and he saw these and put it on his wish list.

He saw them there, and put them on his list, that should be your answer right there (he ought to know what he needs).
    Now, you just have to make him think you got him something else, like a hammer!

Blog Entries
    I just don't know...
    He's never made anything before, and I think he's seen some of my past work and is just considering picking up the hobby since his wife is bugging him to get away from the video games...
    Again, i think one very good finish nailer might be a better gift...but if he doesn't stick with it, I would hate to see a nice nailer without a good home.
    hmmmmm..............

You are all correct, thank you!
    I am getting this nailer package for him! The thought of a real nice nailer not being used (or used properly) kind of makes me sad...that would be a waste.
    Last edited by Greg Muller; 11-08-2007 at 12:34 PM. Reason: grammer er....grammar. (HAH!)

Now that you made up your mind I can now tell you that ....that's what I would do.
    Gary

I've been using one of these now for about five years and it has never once jammed (I go jinxing myself). I think it's a great deal.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Dan,
    That's the first actual review I have rec'd about these. You are making me feel a little better about the decision.
    Last edited by Greg Muller; 11-08-2007 at 7:47 PM.

3) Dust collector (You should buy at least a 2 HP min)
    2) Air cleaner
    1) lots O' purty wood!!!!
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen