Thread: Jet Super Saw fence won't lock down ??

Jet Super Saw fence won't lock down ??

Hello All,

I have a Jet Super Saw, Model JWSS-10LFR. Lately, the fence doesn't want to lock into position. No matter how hard I push the handle down the fence still slips. The rail and lock mechanism are clean and not contaminated--in fact, I even wiped them down with denatured alcohol, and the fence still slips. It seems that the farther the fence is from the blade the more likely it is to slip.

Any suggestions?

Check the fence lock mechanism. I had the same problem with mine and there is a little pad on the mechanism that slipped on mine....I don't have that problem anymore since I upgraded the fence to a Delta Unifence. If yours has slipped, you can use super glue to glue it back in place or use some double sided turner's tape. Don't use the cheap tape, it won't hold long.

Thanks Greg! I also have a Jet bandsaw that has a little nylon pad that locks the fence down, but the table saw fence doesn't seem to have a pad. The table saw fence seems to have a slightly different mechanism. What am I looking for?

Greg, I just returned from Woodcraft where I saw the fence you describe, but my fence isn't like it. Mine locks down with a small clamp that reaches into a dovetail ridge along the rail. There's a local JET repair center near here, and I'll take the fence to them on Monday.

Thanks anyway!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Heppeard View Post
    Check the fence lock mechanism. I had the same problem with mine and there is a little pad on the mechanism that slipped on mine....I don't have that problem anymore since I upgraded the fence to a Delta Unifence. If yours has slipped, you can use super glue to glue it back in place or use some double sided turner's tape. Don't use the cheap tape, it won't hold long.
    Fred,

Greg is spot on with his assessment, I had the same thing happen to mine and found the small nylon pad had slipped causing it not to stay in place. I removed it, cleaned all the "goop" from the back and glued it in place...

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Miller View Post
    Greg, I just returned from Woodcraft where I saw the fence you describe, but my fence isn't like it. Mine locks down with a small clamp that reaches into a dovetail ridge along the rail. There's a local JET repair center near here, and I'll take the fence to them on Monday.

Thanks anyway!

That's probably your best bet. I wasn't too happy with the fence that came on my saw so I replaced it with the Unifence, which I love.....but then I've always liked that fence anyway....I'll probably do it to any saw I buy.