Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

Friday November 9th, 2007

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!!

Well, less than 2 weeks until Thanksgiving. And you all know what that means. HO! HO! HO! isn't far behind.

I know the "Doin's" thread is a little late this morning.

I got up at my normal time, but I've been busy getting a turkey into the oven and carving up another that I cooked last night. While we do like turkey, these are not for us. LOML is taking them to a Veterans Day "Pow Wow" tomorrow. It's to honor all veterans and the flag presented to us, for our son's service, in the Navy, will be flown, along with other military veterans who have "walked on".

Take the time to honor a "Veteran" this weekend. Remember, it's because of them that we are able to enjoy this website and enjoy our hobbies of making sawdust and have a Thanksgiving. Say "Thanks" if you see a service member in uniform.

Now on to the weekend. I really don't have a lot planned. Hand is still sore, but I am now wearing a device that helps a little. Of course I'll be watching the "Purple Gang" take on the "Yellow & Gold" Sunday.

So what's up in your "neck of the woods" over these next couple of days? Whatever it may be, I hope that it's productive and it's something you enjoy. Just remember to "BE SAFE".

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Karl, take care of that hand. I'm sorry that it is still hurting.

I'm actually hoping to get some "shop time" in tomorrow morning. I made some great progress on my "project list" last weekend and plan to start back on them this afternoon after work. I'll have to cut the day in the shop on Saturday a little short because I have a Basset Hound Club awards dinner to attend in the evening. We have two bassets getting medallions for finishing their AKC Championship this year. On Sunday we're celebrating veterans of a different kind. My wife and I are showing our two brood bitches in a match (fun dog show). It's a great opportunity for us to celebrate their contribution to our breeding program. The LOML and I haven't decided what we'll do on out day off, Monday.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

I hope to finish painting the shop this weekend. Get the last of the light fixtures hung.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

This weekend will be a mixed bag as I have to prepare some things for upcoming business travel as well as it's my week for taking the girls to the YMCA for karate and swimming. Saturday is also our 6th wedding anniversary. The girls are singing in the kids choir for the first time this Sunday, so I'll have to attend that service. But I do have some things to do in and around the addition and am anticipating a delivery of cherry from Mike Morgan. Perhaps I'll a little shop time, too...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Tomorrow will be attending the local club meeting with guest turner Bill Grumbine. Been looking forward to this all year so I can't wait.

Sunday will be spent winterizing the irrigation system then down to the shop to complete more Christmas gifts for the family.

Tony
    Tony

"Soldier On"

Put Maggie on the plane (as in airplane) for San Diego. I'll now have beaucoup shop time for final set up and cleaning. Got all the tops cleaned and waxed last week. May go get the new Eagles recording, and blow out what remains of my hearing.
    Bill

Looking to get the first pieces of purpleheart edging glued onto my benchtop and a bit more sized and joinery cut. Heading out Saturday afternoon with China for a few hours of play with a local group that meets monthly with their mutts and turns them loose.
    Use the fence Luke

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Hey Karl,
    Headed to the new place for the whole week. It's coming up on my one year aniversary as a land baron.
    I'll be out of pocket for a while so you folks behave.
    Going to put the plow and chains on the Kabota. Maybe play in the snow. Throw some lead in the air too.
    Gotta get the place spruced up as I'm the host for Thanks Giving this year.
    I'm bringing some more tools up and working on the shop.

The master suite project continues. Gotta get out of this demo/design phase and on to construction.

I start work at North House Folk School tomorrow. http://www.northhousefolkschool.com/events/index.html
    Hope to learn some new things and share a thing or 2.
    Looks like a full week.
    Play safe.
    TJH
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Hope to finish the cab I'm making for a Performax 22-44, based on Jim Beckers model, with some variations.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Blog Entries
    I hope to get time to finish the drawers and doors on the Humidor I've been on for ever. Then I just have a little work on the top and I should be able to post it. Probably another 2 or 3 weekends and I'll be done.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Took half day off of work to p/u some red oak for a bookcase my daughter is asked Santa for. My wife, a band director, is giving a concert tomorrow evening honoring our veterns of which I count myself as one (Army). But all day Saturday and Sunday, IT"s SHOP TIME!!!!! Yee Haw!!!!
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Going to the local HS football game tonight, hopefully we'll wrap up another another undefeated trip throught district this year..........playoffs, now thats another matter.

Saturday I plan on working on a bookcase for a client then that evening we're suppose to go get our annual Christmas photos made. Sunday morning I hope to put in more time on the bookcase then my brother is having a fish fry that afternoon. So overall my weekend will be full of many things including a little WWing.
    David

Putting the walls and roof on my small shop.

I'm putting a new roof on my shop/garage. Not much fun, but necessary

Refinishing our hardwood floors. Never done it before... it's gonna be alot of work.
    One good turn deserves another