Thread: Guess What?! More Cutting Boards...

Guess What?! More Cutting Boards...

I think that Marc Spagnuolo should change his nickname from "The Wood Whisperer" to "The Man Who Launched A Thousand Cutting Boards"! Like so many others, I watched his video and said to myself, "I can do that!". And as it turns out, I was right.

I didn't want to stray far from the original plan for these, as it was my first attempt. I had a bunch of hard maple and walnut on hand, so that's what I used. I rather like the walnut over the purpleheart for whatever reason. As it turns out, the maple actually had a little bit of spalting to it, which was a really nice surprise. Now that these are done, LOML is already placing orders for a few more, which is nice! These three will of course be Christmas presents for some family members.

I've been messing around in my garage/shop for almost four years now. Due to family and work obligations, I've never had the time to actually start and finish a woodworking project. While these aren't by any means fine woodworking, I'm exceptionally proud of these boards, and hope that they will lead to much more personal work in the future.

Thanks for looking!!

- Keith
    Attached Images Attached Images

it certainly looks like fine woodworking to me! Great Job!

Mighty fine looking cutting boards Keith! Mighty fine!

Todd

Let's see...it's woodworking...and you did a fine job...so I'd call it fine woodworking. And pretty too.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Keith, You've done some beautiful work which inspires me to try some cutting boards. Re gifts to family members, you may consider me your Uncle Roy.

Roy

Fine to me!

I made a few tables and a cutting board last year. I am working on one other project this year, so I know what you are saying about not having completing many projects. I think you did great work there. I am also a fan of the WW. Makes everything seem doable!

Those look great Keith! Cutting boards are popular with recipients and simple ones make a great gift for hosts/hostesses when visiting out of town.

Thanks, guys!! I really appreciate the compliments. I've been itching to post a completed project gloat for a long time!!

I'm going to try and bang out a few more of these guys before the holidays...

- Keith

I will agree, Marc should get something for what he has started. I know I am on my 20th board now and still have people wanting them.

Keith, those are good looking boards, just like you I watched the video and said I can do that. As Marc said it is a good way to hone your skills. I have really learned a lot from making these cutting boards. Just about everyone I make I learn a little something.

Your boards look great, and now lets see how many more you have to make.