Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's 32 degrees and my inside thermostat reads ~

Unhappy It's 32 degrees and my inside thermostat reads ~

59 ~ , It's getting chilly in here ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and you want to know why--thats because I just found out "I HAVE NO GAS , either that or it's become "possessed gas"~"!
    I go in the basement, both my furnaces have no ignition - it seams as if it can't sustain enough psi to ignite the burners- very week, - when the furnace tries to ignite it's as if the gas is intermittent, if I call to the other furnace it tries to ignite but it can't because the other furnace is trying to start as well , and when it is just about to open the throttle valve , the other furnace shuts off and, i forgot - i needed to clean up -go to turn the hot water on- I guess it wants to be a "cold" water storage tank for the evening- "sure ,why not" , "ever thing else is going to hell in a hand basket ` bring it on!" ~ lets just get this over with" nothings working tonight i tell ya,, nothing- oh well -LOL so what does you're thermostat read- ? - hey you have to find some humor with certain situations in life - and - this is one of those priceless moments of frustration that seems to beckon me from time to time.

Hope your all warm , say- come to think of it, I've got some, however a valiant effort that was applied, misguided, ill shaped beginners wood working projects that I didn't know what to do with,I may have found a good home for them as I am sitting here freezing my *(( off
    - now all I need is that fireplace , yes the one I have been procrastinating about that's still not in, ~I guess it's payback time.
    Last edited by Brian Weick; 11-17-2007 at 8:13 PM.

Sitting in front of my pellet stove and it is TOASTY warm here...after working outside all day in 32 degree weather on my porch, i am just starting to feel my feet again

Here it's 68, that's where I keep it in winter, despite the females complaining. It's 52 and raining outside. Sorry for your woes. I hope you checked for a gas leak somewhere before it gets to the furnace!

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Talking Did someone say "gas leak"

Timmy- don't light tha-,

Gee Brian.....a Pats fan with a cold heart.......

Good luck. Hope it's not too expensive to fix!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Hey Brian....just got here....I followed your link...Bummer... Hope you got the burner guy on his way....Well look at the bright side: if it still isn't working tomorrow it will be cold like your really at the game.

( sorry...bad attempt at humor)

Hope your warm soon Bri.....

Go Pats

Question No- Not Mr. Keedwel

I can't believe that Ken- no couldn't be -------, well, maybe just a little- but he's good people and I can take it, but i won't rebuttal- I don't operate that way, I let the game make that determination. Mr. Keedwell is a great fan of his team and I can appreciate that.
    Hey Ken, on a side note, Can't wait to see that "beeaauuuuttiifffuull " shop of yours ,,
    - so Ken , what's does it feel like to be "warm" , it's a distant memory write about know for me - ???????
    Have a great weekend- whats left it ,anyways,
    It's 54 degrees and counting, and going south ,,,sort of like my hopes in seeing the gas company tonight-LOL sense of humor- yes- please keep my sense of humor-serenity now!
    Brian

Cool Very true,

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    Hey Brian....just got here....I followed your link...Bummer... Hope you got the burner guy on his way....Well look at the bright side: if it still isn't working tomorrow it will be cold like your really at the game.

( sorry...bad attempt at humor)

Hope your warm soon Bri.....

Go Pats
    ,Very true Mr Keedwell~oh , and by the way, my compliments on your astute observations of my situation, hence ,,, the phrase " you killed two birds with one stone" Bravo ,Bravo ,,,,,you ,, unimpassioned senseless piece of *%(& -------LOL - We always have fun , don't we Gar- You have to have a sense of humor in certain situations, what's the phrase your supposed to use, ah , yes "Serenity now, serenity now" hope the GG gets here soon.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Weick View Post
    I can't believe that Ken- no couldn't be -------, well, maybe just a little- but he's good people and I can take it, but i won't rebuttal- I don't operate that way, I let the game make that determination. Mr. Keedwell is a great fan of his team and I can appreciate that.
    Hey Ken, on a side note, Can't wait to see that "beeaauuuuttiifffuull " shop of yours ,,
    - so Ken , what's does it feel like to be "warm" , it's a distant memory write about know for me - ???????
    Have a great weekend- whats left it ,anyways,
    It's 54 degrees and counting, and going south ,,,sort of like my hopes in seeing the gas company tonight-LOL sense of humor- yes- please keep my sense of humor-serenity now!
    Brian
    Brian ...I feel bad...Honest to God I didn't know about your furnace when I wrote that post....I completely missed this thread...If I had known I would have left out the sweat shirt part.

Hope your getting warm, soon.

Gary

Thumbs up Oh come Gar,

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    Brian ...I feel bad...Honest to God I didn't know about your furnace when I wrote that post....I completely missed this thread...If I had known I would have left out the sweat shirt part.

Hope your getting warm, soon.

Gary

Gar,
    I know you didn't mean it gar, it was a comedical situation to me - the whole thing,,,,,, it's hilarious to me! -- and by the way- guess who's here, and no; it's not the milkman? can you say "toasty" I hope I can

I just have a great sence of humor Gar -love to play with words and use them rather tactfully, as well as you are with your's: tu'cheue - Great trate Mr. Keedwel!
    I'll come back after he's done with the gas dilemma ~ hopefully, he can solve this problem-.
    It's going to be freezing at Rich staium tomarrow, oh well
    Brian

A nice 22 degrees C (72 F), light wind blowing a sea breeze thru the shed.

Smile yea- that's all I need to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Keefe View Post
    A nice 22 degrees C (72 F), light wind blowing a sea breeze thru the shed.

~ thanks-, why don't you tell me that there are a bunch of beautiful women in bikini's trouncing around your chair,which is firmly planted in the white beach sand,,,, while you bend down to pick up your margarita with an umbrella adornment, with a sort of euro style brim and real ash handle ,, - way to go Pat , way to go. Just keep it up guys----,,,,,,,serenity now, serenity now,,,,,,,,,,,serenity now,
    LOL - It's fixed- my mighty wallet depletion tool is working--yeaaaay!
    the gas man said "there was water in your gas line" , my first response "why I'l be "? I thought the gas line carries the gas, ,,,,,so the gas line carries the water and the water line carries the gas, so who's giving me electricity and can that be accessed through the kitchen sink? -LOL 's " where am I " who's is on first, what's on second, and I don't know is on third ---------,-LOL 's thanks!
    have a great weekend folks
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian Weick; 11-17-2007 at 9:51 PM.

I'd like two of what he's drinking....

Water usually gets into gas lines during construction, they're suppose to blow/clear the lines out before they put them into service, but it was prob friday when they did it and you know how that goes....besides, we in the gas business like to keep you on your toes anyway...

Glad to hear all is well, 34 degree's outside here, 68 inside.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Umm... Let's see. It's 72F inside here with no heating or cooling running. The weather site says it's 63F outside. Really nice in the gar.. er, studio today while I was playing at the lathe.
    Regards,
    Dick

Thumbs up thanks Al,

No , no drinking, just my wonderfull sence of humor- what do ya think al?
    seriously, your exactly write- no - he was great , great service,friendly and , did I mention, a great sense of humor? he was in stitches! -LOL
    , funny thing was I was taking a shower when I got home about 4pm and I noticed that I had to turn the temp indicator more toward the hot, it all came together when I arrived to a 59 degree home later
    thanks again Al
    I hope You have a great day tomorrow , I'll be doing some woodwork- that's for sure-.
    Brian