Thread: Camera Pros.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis

Question Camera Pros.

Camera Pros.

Can you tell me the output of the “Hot Shoe” on a Camera? (short, open, low voltage)
    Thinking about adapting a rather expensive flash to my Olympus C5000 Dig, and I wanted to do some work on paper before heading to the bench.

Thanks.

PS Does the ext flash override the internal or is this a feature of set up??
    Last edited by Tyler Howell; 02-14-2004 at 9:16 AM.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Tyler
    I have an Olympus C2500L with hot shoe.
    Use a White Lightning Ultra 600 flash with a small Lightdome soft box.
    Anyway to answer your question in a round-about way.
    Get ahold of a WEIN flash adapter
    Now, it's been a couple of years since I bought it, so don't ask where I got it. But I think that it was about $36.00
    It pops the Ultra very nicely.
    The Ultra cable goes right into the back of it.
    It's a tiny little thing and has a clamping wheel to fit it snug to the hot shoe.
    Daniel
    "Howdy" from Southwestern PA

Tyler, what are you really doing? Between the center contact and the side there should be no voltage. The flash is simply fired by shorting the contacts together a short fraction of a second prior to the shutter opening. The switch effectively closes a switch to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    Camera Pros.

Can you tell me the output of the “Hot Shoe” on a Camera? (short, open, low voltage)
    Thinking about adapting a rather expensive flash to my Olympus C5000 Dig, and I wanted to do some work on paper before heading to the bench.

Thanks.

PS Does the ext flash override the internal or is this a feature of set up??

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Dave,

Don't tell anyone but I am building a Weapon of Mass Destruction, (WMD) guaranteed to wipe out all the red eye in its range with one single push of a button.
    I was given a portrait camera with flash. The kind they take my pic with in the police department. (Face Forward and profile with numbers like Chris P.)

Never throwing anything away, and the illegitimate love child of Rube Goldberg and Geri Rig. I wanted to see if I could get this thing to work on my digi cam. It has a dedicate contact that is mated with the camera when mounted on the tripod.

My WMD has a Nicon name plate and quite substantial in construction. No SN, PN or name in or out. If I can activated the WMD, I’m thinking I can capture better pics for posting, save money for WW toys and do a public service of recycling, while preventing cabin fever in the frozen north.
    Thanks for the info, You have done man and womankind the world over a great service.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Tyler, I can hardly wait to see the results.

If you run into any trouble, get yourself out to National Camera in GV and look up my buddy, Russ. He'll help you out. Tell him I sent you. (I used to work there.)

I won't tell anybody about your weapon until after you unveil it.