Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Framing nailer won't toe nail all the way in

Rich...right explanation, wrong name for the trigger. The sequential-trip trigger is the one that forces you to compress the nose safety first, then pull the trigger, and only one nail will fire until you repeat the process (it must always happen in this SEQUENCE). A "bump-fire" trigger is one where you can hold down the trigger and fire a nail every time you compress the nose safety (or vice versa--you can still compress the nose safety then pull the trigger). The bump-fire method is for production and is considered less safe (you could be holding the trigger and bump your hand, foot, leg, whatever). My Bostitch came with the bump-fire installed, and I eventually swapped it with the sequential-trip.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Terry

If you do decide to change brands, check out the Grip Rite guns. They were running a promotional price on them a year ago when my local lumber yard started carrying them. They made me a deal on a full round head framer that I couldn't pass up.

I bought it and am very pleased with it. It looks similar to a Senco. I am a Diehard Senco fan and have seven of their guns but the Grip Rite framer seems to be just as good as the Senco. It shoots hard and sinks 3 1/2" nails everytime whether its a tee shot or a toenail. Try Googling them, they have a website.