Thread: Porter Cable 690 D Handle Motor Cord Length

Porter Cable 690 D Handle Motor Cord Length

I bought one of the Amazon $90 Porter Cable 690 routers so I could have an extra base for my router table and to use the motor in the "D" handle I bought a while back. I am going to shorten the cord on the motor and was wondering what the original cord length is on the motor that comes with the D handle router. Thanks.

The cord on the PC 690 D-handle base is about 10 feet long. The cord on the motor is a PC 690 motor cord, and is not some special cord just for the D-handle base. At least that's the way my multi-base kit is configured.
    Last edited by Dave Falkenstein; 11-29-2007 at 7:36 PM.
    Dave Falkenstein aka Daviddubya
    Cave Creek, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Norris View Post
    I bought one of the Amazon $90 Porter Cable 690 routers so I could have an extra base for my router table and to use the motor in the "D" handle I bought a while back. I am going to shorten the cord on the motor and was wondering what the original cord length is on the motor that comes with the D handle router. Thanks.

I did the same thing that you are planning on doing with mine awhile back. I do not know the official length of the cord if it came from the factory but what I did was leave it just long enough to easilly plug into the top of the base from any position around the base. Seems to work pretty well. Only downside with it being that short is if you need to make a significant height adjustment you usually have to unplug it from the base to do so. I personally thought that was worth the trade off versus dealing with a long cord flopping around while you are trying to route a piece.

Hope this helps.

Just measured mine - 16" from the motor housing to the end of the plug prongs. I LOVE that router!
    Last edited by Rob Wright; 11-29-2007 at 6:43 PM.
    oops ....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - yup all there, whew!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Wright View Post
    Just measured mine - 16" from the motor housing to the end of the plug prongs. I LOVE that router!
    Thanks Rob