Thread: Opinions on Preferred Cabinet Table Saw?

Opinions on Preferred Cabinet Table Saw?

I'm looking for a reasonably priced, high quality cabinet table saw. I'm willing to pay somewhere in the range of $1000-1500. I have my eye on the Jet JTAS-10 Cabinet Saw which is reviewed well by Fine WW. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks!

Laguna has a "platinum series" out, and I believe these tablesaws might fall into that price range. Haven't seen any reviews, but just passing this on for something to look at. Good luck.

I would get either a used powermatic or delta unisaw. These are great saws that you should be able to find in your price range. I would look on craigslist for your area to see what is available before dropping money on the Jet.

Here's an example of a delta X5 top-of-the-line unisaw for sale on my local craigslist for $1200. It comes with all the accessories. Biesmeyer fence, mobile base, extension table, etc.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/tls/485758264.html

I have the Jet JTAS 10" saw and I love it! I have had it for about 10 years and have had no problems whatsoever. I've used powermatic and deltas and think the Jet is equal to them both. It holds setup very well, I check it often and almost never need to touch anything. Any one of the three will serve you well. Hope this helps,, Matt

I've used a right tilt Unisaw and PM 66's at work for nearly 40 years. I have a Shop Fox at home that I'm well pleased with. Dollar for dollar my SF is a great saw when compared to the others I've used. The SF is within your price range. It's worth a look.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

In that price range I think the Griz 1023 is the most bang for your buck.

The Jet should be an excellent saw, especially if you get the new one with the riving knife. I was absolutely pleased with the Jet cabinet saw I owned for six years prior to buying my slider earlier this year. It was an excellent machine. Rock solid. Accurate. Reliable. I do agree that the Griz 1023SL is also worthy of your consideration, but if the Jet with the riving knife is available, it would still be my choice of the two.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dragin View Post
    In that price range I think the Griz 1023 is the most bang for your buck.
    Agreed. If I were in the market and that was my budget, that's the route I'd go without hesitation.

Blog Entries
    I just not 5 min. ago got finished putting together my new Grizzly 1023 SLW and have to say it seems very well built. I haven't used it yet but if it preforms as well as it's built, it's a winner and a great value.

I will be ordering one this week. I gotta figure the logistics of delivery truck to my basement...

Rob Will Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Gatti View Post
    I would get either a used powermatic or delta unisaw. These are great saws that you should be able to find in your price range. I would look on craigslist for your area to see what is available before dropping money on the Jet.

Here's an example of a delta X5 top-of-the-line unisaw for sale on my local craigslist for $1200. It comes with all the accessories. Biesmeyer fence, mobile base, extension table, etc.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/tls/485758264.html
    I would do what Paul said and make sure it is left tilt. JMHO
    Rob
    Last edited by Rob Will; 11-25-2007 at 9:26 PM.

I would watch Craig's list and the classifieds here at SMC, I picked up a Powermatic 66 last Friday from a fellow Creeker for 700.00. The saw I got only had 1 hour of run time on it, but no fence,rails, or cast tables, but it did come with a mobile base. I am reusing the equipment off of my contractor saw, Incra TSIII with router table, so no rails, fence etc was exactlly what I was looking for. New is nice, but gently used is sweet.

Heather