Update: Nov 29th - Winners Names Posted
Update November 29th 2007

Our active FreeStuff Drawings have all been completed and the names of the winners have been posted. Please check the list of winners and send me a Private Message with your shipping address if you are a winner so we can get your prize shipped.

I hope to be able to post several new FreeStuff Drawings this evening.

Update November 18th 2007

Two new FreeStuff Drawings have been added to our November list bringing the current total to 11 drawings with 10 more to go. Check the Master List to see if you are a FreeStuff Winner.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=68749

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Update November 14th 2007

My personal schedule has been very hectic the last few days. I have been consumed by work from many different sources and I have been actively seeking more FreeStuff for this month and possibly the next.

Our Fund Drive at this point has fallen behind last years even though our Membership has increased by over 250%. We will be able to stay online this year but our budget will be tighter than it ever has been unless the number of people donating increases through the end of the month. Thanks to all of you who decided to support The Creek this year, I hope that more will join us by making a donation this year.

I still have lots of FreeStuff Drawings to post and just received an email from Universal Laser Systems that included donations of 850 laser engraving items that they are donating for our FreeStuff Drawings. I have to say that ULS has been very generous and I hope you all enjoy the prizes they have provided.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Update November 9th 2007

There are 9 FreeStuff Drawings already scheduled for November and 12 more that I haven't scheduled yet. We have several other FreeStuff offers pending with various vendors.

Clearly November is a FreeStuff Extravaganza with 21 Drawings on our growing list, and lets not forget a 6 set router bit Centurion Tools Bulk Buy that runs the entire month.

We will continue to coordinate as many Bulk Buys and FreeStuff Drawings as we can throughout the coming year based on the number of Contributors who support The Creek. As you can see I don't mind working for you if you will support me in return.

I can't imagine anyone would prefer advertising over FreeStuff Drawings that provides someone in our Community the opportunity to win a nice prize. Remember, the odds of winning are so much better this year since only Contributors are eligible to win prizes. For vendors this is the best means of advertising new tools, services and supplies and for the most part it is the most cost effective marketing I know of these days.

Who else would work so hard for you for 6 dollars a year?

Thanks to all of you who have made donations that will keep SawMill Creek flowing for another year.

Visit this link to view the entire list of drawings scheduled for November.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Update November 7th 2007

2 More FreeStuff Drawings Posted
Grizzly Industrial has donated several tools for our FreeStuff Drawings this month. The first is a set of 16 hex shank Forstner Bits with a custom case.
Visit the General Woodworking Forum for more details.

Michael Kowalczyk has donated a box of 3mm B/BB Russian Birch that is cut to size (approx. 11 3/4" x 23 3/4") and contains 25 sheets. This is an Opt-In FreeStuff Drawing, visit the Laser Engraving Forum for details.

Fund Drive Update
Donations have slowed recently, only 311 people of over 9,500 Active Members have donated. Please support The Creek this year by making a donation...become a Contributor and be eligible for our FreeStuff Drawings.

Would you like to win a Grizzly lathe chuck or drill press chuck? More information will be available soon.

Update November 5th 2007

Leather Carpenters Apron - Raffle
SawMill Creek Member CW McClellan is the owner and operator of McClellan Leather Works. CW has offered one of his custom leather carpenters aprons to the Freedom Pens Project. The apron will be raffled this month to provide funds for shipping pen kits to our Servicemen and Women in the Middle East combat areas. The Freedom Pens Project is a non-profit organization started by the Members of SawMill Creek whose goal is to show their support for our Sons and Daughters that are serving their country.

This raffle will start this evening, tickets will be $2.00 each. Details will be provided in the Raffle thread this evening.

More FreeStuff Drawings
I will place a couple more FreeStuff Drawings in our Forums this evening, there are many prizes that have already been provided and others are pending. Selection of Winners starts on November 15th so you still have plenty of time to make your donation to The Creek for 2008 and qualify to be a FreeStuff Winner in our drawings.

Update November 4th 2007

Router Bit Sets - Bulk Buy
Centurion Tools has assembled six sets of solid carbide router bits for this bulk buy. Extremely high quality router bits designed to cut clean and stay sharp longer. Suitable for hand held routing or CNC work...resharpening service can be provided by Centurion Tools. Visit the General Woodworking Forum to view the details of this Bulk Buy.

FreeStuff Drawing - Laser Engravers Vector Table

Mike Null and St. Louis Laser are donating a vector cutting grid suitable for all laser engravers for this Free Stuff drawing. The grid will be of the size required by the winner and this will will include an additional grid made of acrylic. This grid is for the purpose of cutting clear or transparent acrylics where flashback can be a problem. This is an Opt-In Drawing for Contributors only. Visit the Laser Engraving Forum for details.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fund Drive Update

With our first day of our Fund Drive behind us we are off to a good start. Thanks to everyone for their continued support of The Creek once again this year. We have a ways to go but I am confident before the month is over we will receive the necessary support we need for the coming year.

FreeStuff Drawings and our Bulk Buy

We currently have FIVE FreeStuff Drawings underway, I posted a turning blank prize in the Turners Forum yesterday afternoon which is number three. I was unable to complete the preparation of the Bulk Buy thread last night but I will try to get it done this evening along with a couple more FreeStuff threads. Today we added a Mahogany Billet and a Jet Sharpener to our growing list of FreeStuff Drawings for this month. Please support our fund drive so you will be eligible to win our drawings. I can't create the FreeStuff Threads as fast as they are coming in, there must be a least 8 more prizes waiting for me to post

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Update November 1st 2007

2008 Fund Drive

This is the first day of our Fund Drive for the 2008 year. Our fund drive runs the month of November, as we have decided to remain advertising free for another year we need donations to pay the bills. We made some changes this year to provide incentives for our Members to become Contributors by adjusting our policies concerning eligibility for FreeStuff Drawings and our Bulk Buy Programs.

The suggested donation to support SawMill Creek this year once again is just $6.00 which is 50 cents per month, a very affordable donation that will provide for our annual expenses if enough of our Members will support us this year. SawMill Creek has switched to a commercial for profit model this year as Northwind Associates has assumed ownership from Hampton Roads Online. We hope you will continue to support The Creek this year as you have in the past.

Don't put off donating, do it now so you won't miss out on any of the FreeStuff Drawings we are planning this year. We have also revived our Bulk Buy Program, our Contributors will be able to enjoy many opportunities to purchase tools and supplies at serious discounts this year.

FreeStuff Drawings Posted This Morning

The first two of many FreeStuff Drawings scheduled for November were posted this morning. The first in the General Woodworking Forum and the second in the Laser Engraving Forum. Details of each FreeStuff Drawing are provided in each thread. Your odds of winning this year are considerably better than previous years as the drawings are limited to Contributors so tens of thousands of Members will not be eligible to win this year.

We already have multiple prizes scheduled this month for each of the major woodworking groups here at The Creek. Currently we have prizes for the General Woodworking, Laser Engravers, Neanderthals and the Turners.

November's Bulk Buy

Our first Bulk Buy this year includes several very high quality router bit sets from Centurion Tools. Our Contributors will be able to select from 6 different router bit sets that Centurion Tools are offering for this Bulk Buy, but only during the month of November. Details for this Bulk Buy will be posted later this evening.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

October 31st 2007
Our Fund Drive

Kicking off our Fund Drive this year on November 1st we already have a great Bulk Buy planned plus FreeStuff Drawings and an Awesome Raffle. These are all scheduled to start on Thursday November 1st. The catch is... only Contributors will be eligible for some programs so we hope you will continue to support The Creek this year as you have in the past with your $6.00 donation for 2008.

Get Ready for the most active year we have ever had here at The Creek

November FreeStuff Drawings (For Contributors Only)
We have tools and supplies that have been donated by the following companies:

MicroJig
Zig Industries
Dilegno Woodshop Supply
Chester Tool Works
Northwind Associates
Laser Arts
EurekaZone
Grizzly Industrial
Missionfurnishings
Marksman Design
General Industrial Supply

and more.........

November Bulk Buy (For Contributors Only)
It's been awhile since we coordinated a major Bulk Buy so we have put together something special with four different selections. I will not provide any other details until November 1st other than this one should be very popular with every Woodworker here at The Creek

McClellan LeatherWorks Carpenters Apron Raffle (For Members and Contributors)
McClellan LeatherWorks has donated a custom leather carpenters apron that will be raffled to provide funds for our Freedom Pens Project and our continuing effort to say thanks to Military Service Members serving in the Middle East. Tickets for the last carpenters apron you will ever need are just $2.00 each. (More Later)

Account Updates - October 30th, 2007
We started updating accounts this morning for those who have donated for 2008.

Most of you should be up do date as of this morning.

If you have made a donation and your user title has not been updated please send me a Private Message and let me know the name of your PayPal account.

Donations made using a business name, your spouse or friends name are almost impossible for us to coordinate with your user name here at SawMill Creek.

If you use PayPal or send a check please include your user name in the transaction or on the note section of the check. It will make things so much easier and you will get your account updated much faster.

Thanks to all of you for donating this year, your generosity is the reason SawMill Creek exists for all to enjoy. Note there are eight companies who have donated FreeStuff prizes already for November and I am still working to find more. The first 2008 Bulk Buy that I have setup is something that most will enjoy and save much more than the average donation. (Hint: A selection of very high quality router bit sets)

I will personally work as hard as I can this year to coordinate as many perks for our Contributors as I possibly can to thank you for supporting us this year. Watch this Announcements Post for information concerning all the things we have planned for November.

Thanks again for your support,

Keith