Thread: Thread title: new/unread post indicator?

Thread title: new/unread post indicator?

In just about every other board I frequent the thread title will indicate whether there are any new posts since I last visited, either by color or by actual number. The titles here seem to only do this in a very, very slow maner.
    I'll pop in several times a day, playing Ahab looking for White Whales in the Classified forum and often, the thread title will indicate new, unread posts long after I have read them and have moved on, worked on a spread sheet, gotten a cup of coffee, had lunch....you get the picture. Is there any way to instantaneously indicate that threads have been read, like on other boards?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Moon View Post
    In just about every other board I frequent the thread title will indicate whether there are any new posts since I last visited, either by color or by actual number. The titles here seem to only do this in a very, very slow maner.
    I'll pop in several times a day, playing Ahab looking for White Whales in the Classified forum and often, the thread title will indicate new, unread posts long after I have read them and have moved on, worked on a spread sheet, gotten a cup of coffee, had lunch....you get the picture. Is there any way to instantaneously indicate that threads have been read, like on other boards?
    When you're through looking through the forums, go to the "Quick Links" menu and select "Mark Forums Read". (It will do it for you automatically if you stay logged on, but, as you noticed, the timeout value is set to several hours.)
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I use Rss bandit to keep up on all the posts at The creek.

I use Rss bandit to keep up on all the posts at The creek. it works well for me. here is a link if you want to check it out. i use it to monitor several blogs fourms and news outlets. the best part is that its free. http://www.rssbandit.org/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.