Thread: Time Lapse Photograghy

Time Lapse Photograghy

I am in the search for a new camera and would really like to try my hand at some time lapse photos. I realize that there is a software needed but was wondering if anyone here has done this. Also, the camera I am considering is the Nikon D40x, would it be possible with this camera?
    Jim

I was wondering about that too! When I get around to begin building my shop ,I was wanting to set up a camera outside and record the daily activities ( maybe on to my computer) and then put them on the Creek. where would I go to get the camera and cords and programs to do this?
    Michael Gibbons

I think I like opening day of deer season more than any udder day of the year. It's like Christmas wit guns. - Remnar Soady

That bear is going to eat him alive. Go help him! That bear doesn't need any help! - The Three Stooges

Haven't seen anything for the Nikon. I think I have read a few posts about people saying a program was included with the Canon that allowed it. Probably worth asking the dealer about.

However, I have seen this one for the Canon's. Pretty cool stuff. Love to watch the balloon demo.

http://www.granitebaysoftware.com/
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I'm a Canon guy...here's their remote timer...simple setup...great for birds.
    http://www.usa.canon.com/html/cameras_slr/eos3acc.html
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Last edited by Mitchell Andrus; 12-10-2007 at 12:57 PM.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Time lapse is certainly possible with my D70, so I suspect it is with the D40 and D40x, too...they are quite programmable like any SLR is expected to be.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...