Thread: Incra Fence on SawStop 36" OK?

Incra Fence on SawStop 36" OK?

Anyone use an Incra Fence on a SawStop with 36" rails?

I'm making preparations to buy the saw for use in my home / hobby workshop. I think I am going to get the incra fence, but I have some questions about compatability.
    • Model TS-LS, TS-LS32 or TSIII? Which works best?
    • Did you simply cut down the 72 inch Incra rails?
    • Does the fence reach across the table front to back? Specs suggest 28" table, but SS is 30" deep.
    • Do you use a router table on the wing?
      • Do you reverse the fence? Is that practical?
      • Do you recommend mounting the router in the SS extension table?
    I'd appreciate any other suggestions or comments.

Thanks, Bill

If you call Incra or Justin at Woodpecker I believe they can fix you up with the fence that will fit the Sawstop. Ask them and see what will work.

The saw is SUPER stable. You will be suprised how stout it is.

Cool

Mike is correct. Incra does have a fence for the SawStop. See thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=56593 for details of my SawStop with the 32" Incra fence. BTW -- I'm still glad I bought one and am enjoying using it. For me it was the right choice. (the car in the background in the pictures is my customized 2001 PT Cruiser)

You can buy directly from Incra by calling them or order through Woodpeckers. I think that the cost works out to be about the same. I ordered through Woodpeckers. Since it's a "special order" if I did it again I'd just order directly. It was hard to track the progress of the fence with Woodpeckers in the middle of the transaction. Justin didn't answer some of my emails and each time I called it took them quite a while to even find my order. When they did they never knew what was happening. Once I called Incra I found out what the delay was in the order and when it would ship. They actually found my order faster than Woodpeckers.

Quote from Woodpeckers site:

For you SAWSTOP owners, we can customize your Incra TS LS to fit on that saw for only $31.90. That includes a longer fence and support base to accommodate the 30” size of your saw table.
    Last edited by Don Bullock; 12-12-2007 at 9:55 AM.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

An Incra fence on a SS TS would just be the ultimate schlitz...for non-slider that is!

I have an Incra on my Griz 1023Z...luv it luv it.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Model TS-LS, TS-LS32 or TSIII? Which works best? - I use a 32" TS-LS, but don't know the differences. I like having the microadjustment conveniently near the fence.

Did you simply cut down the 72 inch Incra rails? Yes, easy to do with the saw in bypass condition (don't forget!). Leave a couple of inches on each end for stops and stuff.

Does the fence reach across the table front to back? Specs suggest 28" table, but SS is 30" deep. - Special order the fence and support base. If you want a little extra fence on the infeed or outfeed side, now's the time. You can always cut it off later.

Do you use a router table on the wing? Left wing. The support base slides over when the router table is in use. Bolted stops in the rails exactly position the support base. A separate scale is always installed for the router setup. It takes a minute or less. But the saw is unavailable for use during this time.

Do you recommend mounting the router in the SS extension table? Yes, if you only own one Incra fence. Ideally, I'd like a separate router table with an Incra fence plus the Sawstop with the Incra fence plus a sliding crosscut table on the left side. Plus a new shop with air conditioning located somewhere dry and ..... Anyway, if you are space limited, mounting the router in the TS wing makes a lot of sense.

I've been surprised at how little of my table routing uses a fence. Cope & stick doors mostly. 80% is bearing mounted edge shaping, panel raising and flush trim routing. So most of the time the Incra fence stays at the saw blade during a routing operation. Now there is a huge routing table surface accessible from three sides.

I'd appreciate any other suggestions or comments. The gold Incra looks GOOD with the black Sawstop!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McDermott View Post
    Anyone use an Incra Fence on a SawStop with 36" rails?

I'm making preparations to buy the saw for use in my home / hobby workshop. I think I am going to get the incra fence, but I have some questions about compatability.
    • Model TS-LS, TS-LS32 or TSIII? Which works best?
    I have the TS-LS on my SawStop, which is the newest version of the Incra (TSIII is the older, "saw-tooth" design. I don't remember the difference between the LS and the LS32. The center fence arm on mine is 32", which I believe is the largest that Incra makes.

Did you simply cut down the 72 inch Incra rails?
    I don't think you will want to cut down the 72" rails. Remember that your SS table is going to be about 32+ inches wide, so depending on where on the front of the saw you mount the rails, only 40 or so inches will be to the right of the blade.

Does the fence reach across the table front to back? Specs suggest 28" table, but SS is 30" deep.
    This is where the specifications and general knowledge fell short, in my humble opinion. I believe I have a post around here showing how I mounted the standard Incra TS-LS on my Sawstop without paying the additional upcharge. I purchased mine on Amazon at a considerable savings, so I waited to see if I could make the stock fence work, and it works just fine for me. It's a close fit, but it works just fine. Good luck.

My PM2000 Incra set up

My PM2000 has the Incra set up. The table top is bigger and required a longer fence. I contacted Incra directly for the upgrade as it was cheaper from them then from Woodpecker. $59 verses $99. The pics are in another thread here. Search my posts. I tried to post them here, but got a message telling me they were available on the other thread.

Doug

Thanks Gents. Everything is now clear. I can proceed with both excitement and confidence!