Thread: Wixey fence on Ridgid 3650

Wixey fence on Ridgid 3650

Does anyone have any pics of mounting the Wixey digital readout fence on a 3650? I was getting ready to attach it this morning and thought that I'd poke around for any advice you guys could offer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I haven't done it, but i have been very pleased with the factory fence on the 3650.

As a side note, given that we are working with wood what is the benefit of the digital readout? I doubt (considering the natural movement in wood) that it is any more accurate than the factory fence. Are we just looking for someone that is more user friendly and easier to read?

I would be interested to see how it looks when you are done though, please post some pics.
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

alex, have you ever wanted to move the fence but were afraid of losing your exact setting? the accuracy of the fence's tape measure diminishes as you get into wider measurements as well. i understand where you're coming from, though - 0.001" is not going to make much of a difference that anyone without digital calipers is going to notice!

Quote Originally Posted by frank shic View Post
    alex, have you ever wanted to move the fence but were afraid of losing your exact setting? the accuracy of the fence's tape measure diminishes as you get into wider measurements as well. i understand where you're coming from, though - 0.001" is not going to make much of a difference that anyone without digital calipers is going to notice!
    I was just thinking after reading your post and someone was asking about tenon jigs the other day. Well, I made a tenon fixture that rides on my Bies fence. Having a digital readout would allow me to get a great fit for my tenons. As it is, I use a plunge type indicator for the minute adjustments, but having the read out would be great. I think I just talked myself into "pulling the trigger".
    Gary