Thread: Plano Glue Press opinions

Plano Glue Press opinions

I have read the several threads about this clamping system with mixed reviews.

For those who use this system:
    • Does it work well?
    • Would you buy it again?
    Thanks!

Hi Frank, I finally got mine set up about 3 months ago. I have the 5 clamp version and am thinking about adding another section.The first time I used it, I wasnt impressed. It is a little cumbersome and awkward, until you get used to it.

After using it for awhile I have really started to like it.It does produce flat glue ups and I spend a lot less time at the widebelt flatting everything up. It will not fix warped or twisted boards, but I consider it alot better than parallel clamps

Do you need to force boards into alignment?

Hi Jay,

I have read in the previous threads that some people needed to use a mallet to force boards into alignment. After milling the boards straight and square, do you still need to do this?

Also, I simply don't have wall space for this, or even any space to build a rack of some sort. I am thinking of using them as individual clamps similar to the regular parallel clamps (i.e., horizontally rather than vertically). Do you see any problems with this?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Brewer View Post
    Hi Frank, I finally got mine set up about 3 months ago. I have the 5 clamp version and am thinking about adding another section.The first time I used it, I wasnt impressed. It is a little cumbersome and awkward, until you get used to it.

After using it for awhile I have really started to like it.It does produce flat glue ups and I spend a lot less time at the widebelt flatting everything up. It will not fix warped or twisted boards, but I consider it alot better than parallel clamps