Thread: Corel Question

Corel Question

Hi Guys;
    I have a vector map- with roads, rivers, etc. If I crop the map, the road vectors which are not fully contained within the cropped area are converted to double line images which are filled. How can I quickly convert these images back to single line vectors or is there a way to modify the CROP command to stop this nonsense??
    See attached cdr file for example.
    Best regards and thanks;
    George
    LaserArts
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ed Newbold Guest
    I drew a box around the part you wanted to keep, did an intersect (trim would work as well), removed the box afterwards, and then used the node tool to shorten the three streets left sticking out to the left.

Cheers,

If you use X3, the crop function actually does what you need. The Intersect function can be a bit tricky, as it places the new vectors on top of the old ones (and you cannot intersect on grouped items, for some reason).

One other way to go might be placing your graphics in a container (Effects->PowerClip), then export to PDF - and re-import this PDF. Your vectors should be cropped correctly now.

I hope this helps.

Best
    Peter

Geo.,
    I you get rid of the rectangle on the first page, combine all the objects left, and then crop, it will do what you want.

Corel Question

Hi Guys;
    Thanks for taking the time to help on this.
    Ed: I was using your method-works fine for very small areas such as the sample shown but I have very large detailed vector maps which have many roads, objects, etc and take a long time to do this way.

Peter: The crop function is what I've tried to use and result in the problem described-did you try it on the sample and get a different result?

Jerry;
    Did as you suggested-crop causes program to go into perpetual busy state (not responding)- have to shutdown the program.
    Best regards;
    George
    LaserArts

Ed Newbold Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by George M. Perzel View Post
    Ed: I was using your method-works fine for very small areas such as the sample shown but I have very large detailed vector maps which have many roads, objects, etc and take a long time to do this way.
    OK, George. I did it and am attaching a copy of my test, which is your original with my output right next to it.

I selected all, did a Ctrl-L (combine), and then used the crop tool to clip out the part I wanted to keep. All lines are still singles, like you wanted them.

Does this work for you?

Cheers,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Corel Question

Hi Ed;
    Thanks- I opened the file which you sent and it looks like my original, with ORIGINAL on page 1 and CROPPED on page 2. Did you send the right one?
    This is really weird.
    Best regards;
    George
    LaserArts

George,
    If you leave your Grid on, as well as all the guidelines, it will take a lot longer, but should not be truly locked up.
    If you just turn the Grid off under the View menu, that will not happen. The Crop function will be very fast.