Thread: Need Diamond Glass Compnay Logo

Need Diamond Glass Compnay Logo

I have a request for some ornaments from a person who works for this company (she wants to give them as gifts). The logo she gave me is terrible so I went to their site and copied what they had on their web site. It looked pretty good until I engraved it and it didn't come out very nice. Ever so lightly between the letters is some shadowy stuff. The logo itself looks great, but I have this checkered shadowy stuff in between. Is there a way to clean up the logo or does someone have a cd with the diamond glass (diamond auto glass) logo on it? Here is the logo.......it's backwards since I was engraving it on the back of a glass ornament.

Lisanew diamond glass logo bmp.bmp

[quote=Lisa Burger;721560]I have a request for some ornaments from a person who works for this company (she wants to give them as gifts). The logo she gave me is terrible so I went to their site and copied what they had on their web site. It looked pretty good until I engraved it and it didn't come out very nice. Ever so lightly between the letters is some shadowy stuff. The logo itself looks great, but I have this checkered shadowy stuff in between. Is there a way to clean up the logo or does someone have a cd with the diamond glass (diamond auto glass) logo on it? Here is the logo.......it's backwards since I was engraving it on the back of a glass ornament.

This might get you started:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike Hood; 12-17-2007 at 11:03 PM.

Pinnacle ZX Explorer II
    40W, X3
    Vinyl Express Lynx 24"
    Epson 4800 Dye Sub Hybrid

With a simple logo like this I find it a lot easier and better to duplicate it manually in Core. Figure out the font, recreate the lettering to size and location, and make a diamond.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

This seems like a fairly large company, I would ask the client to contact their marketing department and get you the logo in a vector format.
    Epilog Helix 24 - 35W, Rotary Attachment, Corel X3, Adobe CS2

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Gore View Post
    This seems like a fairly large company, I would ask the client to contact their marketing department and get you the logo in a vector format.

I thought the same thing, and found out just now they'd like them by tomorrow! ACK! I asked if they had a tablet or something with the logo on it I could scan and they have nothing at their house. He said he would take the ornament as it is (I gave him a sample of what the lettering did and he liked it) but I can't do that. I am trying to make a good impression and that ornament is just not acceptable. I am not trying to be anal, but it's my name out there........I can't ruin it sending out that ornament.

[quote=Mike Hood;721614]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Burger View Post
    I have a request for some ornaments from a person who works for this company (she wants to give them as gifts). The logo she gave me is terrible so I went to their site and copied what they had on their web site. It looked pretty good until I engraved it and it didn't come out very nice. Ever so lightly between the letters is some shadowy stuff. The logo itself looks great, but I have this checkered shadowy stuff in between. Is there a way to clean up the logo or does someone have a cd with the diamond glass (diamond auto glass) logo on it? Here is the logo.......it's backwards since I was engraving it on the back of a glass ornament.

This might get you started:
    Thanks Mike! I will definately burn this and see how it looks. I just found out they want them for tomorrow (must be a xmas party??). I asked if they had a tablet or something around I could scan.......they don't. I thought about emailing the company and asking for something, but who knows if they will get back to me right away.

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Gore View Post
    I thought of this, until I found out they want to ornaments for tomorrow!

Joe has a point... learning how to create a logo is part of the trade. Scanning and engraving the scan as is rarely works very well. Even with a poor scan, a simple logo usually does not require more than a half hour's worth of rework. Time to sit down with Corel for a few hundred hours!

Mark
    ULS X-2 660, Corel X3, Haas VF4, Graphtec vinyl cutter, Xenetech rotaries (3), Dahlgren Tables, Gorton P2-3, New Hermes pantographs (2), and recently, 24" x 36" chinese router. Also do sublimation, sand blasting, & metal photo. Engraver since 1975.

It's funny, the bigger the company, the less likely you are to find someone within it, that really knows what good logo art looks like.. I ALWAYS get some piece of web crap, (usually uselessly embedded in a .doc file) because the folks that need the job done, are 'never' the marketing people.. When it's simple, it's always better and faster to just redraw the thing, than try to explain what you 'really' need..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it