Thread: Firmware update Mini and Helix

Exclamation Firmware update Mini and Helix

Firmware Download

Last Update: 12/18/07
    Version: 1.0.2.3 (replaces 1.0.2.1)

Changes:
    Rotary Center-Center Engraving: When using the Center-Center feature with the Rotary Attachment, raster engraving would be offset in the Y-axis from the intended location. This has been resolved for all Epilog laser systems.
    Rotary Auto Focus Position: When using Auto Focus with the Rotary Attachment the table could stall at the very bottom of its stroke. This was seen almost exclusively on the Mini 18, but the issue has been resolved on all Mini, Helix and EXT systems.

http://www.epiloglaser.com/downloads_minihelix.htm
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

I love that you keep us updated on these Frank, thanks
    Epilog Mini 24 45W/various other dangerous implements the wife has ok'd over the years

Eh Frank
    Thanks for the update info.
    Did you update your firmware yet and if so was it a "clean" install?

Thanks
    The other Frank
    Frank Tralongo
    Epilog Mini 24 35 watt, Rotary Tool,
    Coral X3, PhotoGraV 2.11, & 3.0.1

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia " (Charles Schultz)

Thanks Frank.

I had just checked last weekend and didn't see it. I probably would have waited quite a while before checking again. Thanks for thinking of all of us.
    Jim Watkins
    Aliso Viejo, CA.

EPILOG Mini 24 - 45w
    Corel X4; PhotoGrave 3.0
    Nova 1624-44 Lathe

Yes I've updated mine - straight forward, no issues. If you go to the Epilog website you can actually get yourself on their emailing list. I put it on just in case there were others who were not on it. This is firmware only, no printer driver update just yet.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Thanks again for the info and Merry Christmas to you and yours......
    Frank Tralongo
    Epilog Mini 24 35 watt, Rotary Tool,
    Coral X3, PhotoGraV 2.11, & 3.0.1

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia " (Charles Schultz)

Legend EXT

Thanks Frank!

I just checked the Epilog site and they had the firmware upgrade for my Legend EXT as well. That was my first attempt at a firmware update and it went perfect!

I actually had encountered both of the rotary problems described prior to the upgrade.

Thanks again for informing us and I too signed up for Epilog's email notifications.

Best wishes for the Holidays!
    Thanks,

Mike DeRegnaucourt

Axiom AR8 Pro CNC, 60-Watt Epilog Legend 36EXT, Prusa MK3 3D Printer, SE-DC16, Powermatic Bandsaw, JET Lathe, Craftsman Lathe, Rigid Drill Press, Excalibur Scroll Saw, Craftsman Tablesaw, Delta Dust Collector, JET Air Filtration, Craftsman Planer, Old Craftsman Jointer, JessEm Router Table with Porter Cable 7518 Router, etc...

Aspire v9.5, CorelDraw 2021, Corel Video Studio 2019, ShaderMap Pro, GIMP, Mesh Mixer, Fusion 360, Sculptris, Google Sketchup, etc...