Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Stahl View Post
Hello All, new member here with my first post. Well, I'm trying to decide what to do about a drill press. I picked up a Delta DP350 before Christmas at Lowe's with their 20% deal which I have not opened and trying to decide whether to keep it or buy something different.

I've read quite a few reviews about this model having problems. So I've been looking at a couple models, but I would like to here other models maybe I should look for. The models I've been thinking of:

Grizzly G7944
Grizzly G9974
Shop Fox W1668
Shop Fox W1670
Shop Fox W1680
Jet JDP-14MF
Delta 17-965

I do like the idea of the oscillating sander on the Shop Fox. It would be nice to use the sanding feature until I get a spindle sander. I wouldn't mind going to a floor model.

I'm not trying to start a debate, but just would like to here some opinions and experiences. I guess I'm wondering if a $400 DP is something I really need or will the $200-$300 DP will do, or even keep the DP350. I'm probably leaning toward the Shop Fox W1680 17".
Thanks everyone!
chris
Ah the paradox of choice - the more things there are to choose from, the harder the choice becomes...!
IMHO you can't fault the Shop Fox W1680
Good luck with your decision!