Thread: Wood in East Tennessee

Wood in East Tennessee

I called today to check on the availability of some white oak from my usual suppliers. One is clean out and the other has retired and moved away!
    Anybody know where I can find some White oak, straight sawn or quarter sawn in the east Tennessee Area?

Call Chattanooga Hardwood Supply at 423.624.0000. Last time I talked to them about white oak--a couple of months back--they were selling it at $2.95 B/F for 100 B/F. That was straight-sawn, I think...couldn't speak to the availability of quarter-sawn.

Don't know if you know them, but here's some unsolicited testimony from a happy customer. They're a family-owned operation in downtown Chattanooga that caters mostly to the cabinet trade. They have an extensive inventory of nice stuff, their 4/4 is actually 9/8ths or thereabouts, and they let you sort through the stack. Their prices are great, to boot.

Ed

Gary,

I'm in Chattanooga. I mainly deal in exotics as you can see in my forum below, NoogaWood. However, I do have some oak, walnut, cherry, poplar, and hickory available.

Gary,
    Not sure what part of East Tennessee you are from, but I have purchased from Full Cycle Woodworks in Rogersville (upper East Tennessee) before and I was please with their lumber.

Here is a link to their site

http://www.sustainablelumber.com/

Eric

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    Knoxville area has Jeffries .. .. they have a great selection most of the time. I needed some quarter-sawn white oak awhile back .. .. Chattanooga Wood Products had plenty of 4/4 stuff, but I also needed a bit of 8/4 .. .. Jeffries had plenty.