Here is the story. I bought three 8/4 quilted maple boards that are about 14 inches wide and 8 ft long. To get the most of this beautiful wood I had the 8/4 wood cut down into two 7/8 boards. The problem is that the when the wood was kiln dried it was not done properly so the boards were case hardened. (basically dried faster/more on the outside than the inside) When the 7/8 boards came of the mill they bowed, twisted, and mostly cupped. There is up to three inches difference from end to end on the 8 ft boards. I had planned to make some 4 foot by 14 inch wide tables. So I cut them down to 4 ft but the cup is still very bad. I have tried to wet the cupped side and dry flat under pressure, but it seams to go back. My question is is there anyway to flatten the boards?
1. Can I up the moisture content and run them through the kiln and flatten them again.
2. Should I plane them down to 1/4 or so and glue them to a substrate to flatten them out.
3. Should I build the table artistically including the twists,bows and cups into the design of the table.
4. Other ideas?

Please help. Thanks, isaac