Thread: I do get to make some pens from time to time **PICS**

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

I do get to make some pens from time to time **PICS**

Between all my time with the Freedom Pen Project I do actually get some shop time. I am getting ready for a couple of shows coming up in March. The first one is a large 4 day Home Improvement Show (attendance expected to exceed 15,000 folks). A friend who owns a large high end appliance and Corian countertop business asked me to make some Corian pens to show and sell at his display.

Here are some pics of what I was able to get done in the last couple of weeks:

Picture #1 Flat Top American

Picture #2 Slimline Variations

Picture #3 Comfort Grip pen/pencil sets w/o rubber grip

Picture #4 Desk Pen (I have 10 pens made and have 9 more bases to make which I should get done later today)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 02-26-2004 at 8:58 AM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Ken,
    First, nice pens. It's a good thing you are limited on time or none of us would be able to get kits!
    I was wondering where you are getting the ferrule hardware into which the pens fit on a stand, as in your last photo. I must be missing them whereever I look.
    "Because There Is Always More To Learn"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hintz
    I was wondering where you are getting the ferrule hardware into which the pens fit on a stand, as in your last photo. I must be missing them whereever I look.
    Here ya go:

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Ken, Nice pens. Question? How do you route the edges on that desktop stand. Do you glue the small piece to something else to use as a handle while routing the edges? Do you need any special router bits to route Corian? Normal carbide bits?

Nice Pens!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    Ken, Nice pens. Question? How do you route the edges on that desktop stand. Do you glue the small piece to something else to use as a handle while routing the edges? Do you need any special router bits to route Corian? Normal carbide bits?

Nice Pens!
    On my router table by hand like any wooden piece (carefully ). I use the same carbide router bits as I do on wood.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    The Master at work.

TJH
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

They all look great. The master at work!
    Sparky Paessler

Awesome job Ken, I always enjoy viewing your work. Thanks for posting them. Dave

Thanks, Ken!
    "Because There Is Always More To Learn"