Thread: Relacement plane handles

Relacement plane handles

Where can I find replacement Cocobola handles for stanley planes. I have a #3, #5, and #7 type 11 planes that I would like to replace the wood on. First let me say that I think I remember the type # correctly. They have 3 dates, and no markings on the frogs. They also have the low front knobs without the rings that the knob sits in, which makes most replacement knobs not fit. Thanks for your help.

Jimmy

James,
    Try this guy.
    I haven't used him personally, but I've heard nice things from others about his work.

Tom

Plane Wood

Thanks, Tom. I think I will give him a try.

Plane Handle/Knob source

I've bought some from the following site. They are vintage, not new replacements, for whatever that might be worth to you. I have two old planes I got from my Grandfather that needed some parts. He has many parts, not just knobs. You have to call, not order online, but he was a pleasure to deal with.

Spence

http://www.antique-used-tools.com/index.html

Try Mike (Plane Wood) in the about message. Mike has built replacement knobs for me, and also has restored a #6 and a #7 for me, that were in pretty bad shape. He is easy to work with.
    Herb
    Carrollton, Texas

Whatever you are, be a good one. -Abraham Lincoln

Is there a phone # for him? On the sight the only thing that I saw was a link to his e-mail address.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/mike_in_k...od/Default.htm

If that isn't it, I'd email and ask for a link or a price quote.

Tom

I've bought handles from plane wood and they are beautiful and fit perfectly--lots of wood choices too.
    Dennis

Thanks everybody for the help. I sent Mike a paypal today for some cocobola handles and knobs will post pics when I am done with the restorations showing before and after.

Jimmy