Thread: Shop-Vqac Adapters

In the Panhandle of Florida. Just outside Eglin AFB

Shop-Vqac Adapters

Bought the Onieda “Dust Deputy” a while back. It’s hooked to my Shop-Vac and works exactly as advertised.

Chose this route to dust collection because my shop is small.
    The 5 gallon bucket is getting full and the vac’s filter is really clean. Lots of suction, also. I’ll hook a couple of 10 foot , 1 1/2 in hoses to it for floor cleaning.

Now I am still looking for Shop-Vac Industrial Hose ( 1 1/2) adapters. Anyone know of a source? ShopVac doesn't sell them.

Did you e-mail them ? I have the numbers and prices for the 1.5 lock on hose ends. I don't know if thats what you need or not. If it is let me know. I switched over to 1.5 on all my shop-vacs and replaced the ends with the lock ons (Screw on type). I also got the number for the tank fitting to convert one of my older tanks to a lock on style. Dale
    Happy Sawdust
    Dale

Kenneth Shaffer Guest
    Im just getting into DC after years of inhaling the stuff. The info on this site is pretty clear about the shortcomings of lesser systems, ie nothing short of really costly systems is gonna get it ALL. Im like everyone else: occasional hobbyist, small shop, low ceiling....and cheap. And I do the occasional weekend project, and only then when I get the chance. Maybe I dont need to get it all. Im torn between the highly rated (#1 in FWW) Delta 50-760 DC vs a wet/dry vac with a HEPA filter and a Dust Deputy or equivalent. Dust D makes a compelling case that it eliminates the key problem with smaller systems: clogged filters. Im unlikely to hook up more than the tablesaw to the DC, using a dedicated wet/dry inside a cabinet for the chopsaw and similar setup for the sander...but things change.

Help?