Thread: 6 " pvc sch 35 - 6" Wynn flex hose fit ?

6 " pvc sch 35 - 6" Wynn flex hose fit ?

I am in the process of setting up some DC. I currently have 6" PVC sch 35. (I couldn't find thin wall 2729 anywhere). I would like to use 6" flex hose to connect to my machines. I am interested in buying the hose from WynnEnvironmental - alot of people have recommended them. I contacted them to verify that their hose (clear PVC - 30 mils, their cheapest hose) would fit the schedule 35 PVC. Their reply was that the inside diameter of their hose is anywhere from 6.02 - 6.06 inches. I then measure the sch 35 PVC - it measures 6.25 inches.

My question to all - Do you think that I can stretch the hose over the PVC ? I really don't want to spend 100$ on hose and have a hard time getting it to fit.

Thanks,

Howie

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie French
    I am in the process of setting up some DC. I currently have 6" PVC sch 35. (I couldn't find thin wall 2729 anywhere). I would like to use 6" flex hose to connect to my machines. I am interested in buying the hose from WynnEnvironmental - alot of people have recommended them. I contacted them to verify that their hose (clear PVC - 30 mils, their cheapest hose) would fit the schedule 35 PVC. Their reply was that the inside diameter of their hose is anywhere from 6.02 - 6.06 inches. I then measure the sch 35 PVC - it measures 6.25 inches.

My question to all - Do you think that I can stretch the hose over the PVC ? I really don't want to spend 100$ on hose and have a hard time getting it to fit.

Thanks,

Howie
    Howie.
    A little heat and water to lube it may get what you need.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Howie French
    I think you will have a very hard time getting the hose to fit OVER the 6" pipe. A better strategy may be to find a fitting that will fit over the flex and the rigid. Possibly a No-Hub plumbing fitting and then you would probably have to bush the flex to get the required outside diameter.
    Michael in San Jose
    Non confundar in aeternam

Lightbulb

The next time you're at your local HD go to the Plumbing Dept. and ask for a Fernco Model 1056-66 Flex Coupling. This coupling will for sure fit the PVC pipe you mentioned and probably the hose also. Measure the outside diameter of the hose and check it against the range of the flex coupling.