Thread: Thank You Bosch

Thumbs up Thank You Bosch

Well, after my 1295 ROS died the second time since I bought it in May I sent it back for a replacement or refund to Bosch. In today's mail I found a check for the total cost of the sander. I thought I at least owe them a public acknowledgment of their customer service.

It was a good sander as far as doing what it was designed for, but just wasn't reliable. I still have other Bosch tools, including a router and jig saw, that are working just fine. After dealing with their customer service, I may buy more of their tools in the future. For now I'll be using a new Festool Rotex that I bought from Bob.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Blog Entries
    I had the arbor lock on my Colt blow out twice. Each time I used the local Bosch service depot and each time they were fast, called me while the tool was on the bench to make sure nothing else was wrong that they could take care of while they were at it, just an overall great experience.

I've run the pee-wad outta my 1295 with no problems but, I have stopped recommending it as many folks report problems with them. I don't want to make a bad recommendation just because I got lucky and got a good one, eh? Oh, and the final fix on the Colt was a second wrench supplied by Bosch and the recommendation that I not use the spindle lock . . . I guess that balances out my luck with the 1295 ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Glenn I had my Colt do the same thing they repalced the Armature and the lock mechanism. I called them the other day to aska question about the MiterSaw I was buying and the conversation drifted to the common problem with the Colt. They have a wench available that will fit the arbor
    part # 2-610-993-579 5.50 US.
    I sold my DeWalt 708 MS to buy a Bosch. Just think they build some of the best tools for the money.
    we all can see what we should be, but knowing is not controlling

Quote Originally Posted by Don Bullock View Post
    Well, after my 1295 ROS died the second time since I bought it in May I sent it back for a replacement or refund to Bosch. In today's mail I found a check for the total cost of the sander. I thought I at least owe them a public acknowledgment of their customer service.

It was a good sander as far as doing what it was designed for, but just wasn't reliable. I still have other Bosch tools, including a router and jig saw, that are working just fine. After dealing with their customer service, I may buy more of their tools in the future. For now I'll be using a new Festool Rotex that I bought from Bob.

Ahhh,.......Bob, Bob, the sander man. If he can't sand it, no one can.

Myself, I'm waiting for Bob to be the miter saw man.

Come'ooooooooooon, Kapex!

AND WAY TO GO BOSCH!!!!
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

glad to hear that

nice to know you were taken care of professionally.

i like the bosch concrete drill bits. theyre nice.

ciao,

dan
    Building my own Legos!