Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What tools are you planning on buying this year?

Blog Entries
    If business keeps up as well as it is right now, I'll own more festool than festool I'm also looking at a jointer/planer if I can find a place to put it.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Labadie View Post
    I just ordered a new broom.

Ed
    Which one did ya get?

some Festool stuff ,but the christmas gift card is going towards a Vertis spokeshave. I've needed that for sometime.

Tom

Well, I'm itching to get an MFT-1080 with all the accessories. Will have to catch SWMBO looking the other way.

2008: Hall table, king headboard, pair of nightstands, kitchen table for the Daughter.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

Blog Entries
    The "Big One" is a new cabinet saw to replace my current ten or so year old Delta contractors saw. It has served me well and is still in fantastic shape. It should make someone a pretty nice saw when I look for a buyer. Been waiting for over a year to make the purchase. Would have done it last year, but had a wedding to pay for. Now that that's behind us, the saw is on top of the priority list. Besides the new saw, I'm not sure what would be next on the hit list. As far as machinery, I am pretty sure that the next big iron purchase will be a new jointer......possibly a jointer/planer combo.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Fred, it sounds like your next project should be a set of exterior doors for your shop at the camper end so you can rent a forklift...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Fred, it sounds like your next project should be a set of exterior doors for your shop at the camper end so you can rent a forklift...
    You know, that is not such a bad idea. Afterall, sometime after I retire in five years or so, I plan on adding a dedicated finishing room in the area over the camper bay. I could add the doors sooner and then use them as an egress into and out of the new finishing room.

Quote Originally Posted by alex grams View Post
    G0548 dust collector soon, and then a benchtop mortiser. That should do me well for a while. Just got the 17" GO513X2 bandsaw, so not going to have much luck convincing my wife i need any more tools, though she does swear that i intentionally drug in extra dust lately so i could sell her on getting a DC.
    Why not throw in a few more bucks and go for the Grizzly 2hp. Cyclone.
    Cheers Shawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Voorhees View Post
    The "Big One" is a new cabinet saw to replace my current ten or so year old Delta contractors saw. It has served me well and is still in fantastic shape. It should make someone a pretty nice saw when I look for a buyer.
    Fred, it looks like someone reasonably close to you is looking for a saw http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=73546

Hi Bob - so you went to a minimax too? Amazing coincidence. I have to say I can't imagine why you would change to separates, at least in the TS+jointer+planer sense. I could imagine a slider+shaper and j/p/m making some sense I guess.
    Smile. It worries the other guy.

After 36 years of accumulating and replacing this and replacing that.. adding this when needed and recently selling a few pieces I found not necessary IMO.. as of spring of 2007... I appear to be good to go.

My wife agrees with that statement also.. Fortunately she does smile and giggle when she makes it to someone and points to my shop which in our marriage is a signal to evacuate the upstairs and go make her something to justify the accumulation.

That works out very well for both parties, IMO.

Sarge..

Some where between Buffalo and Rochester NY
    Well, there are three things that will be in my shop my summer time. Plus there are a few sanders that I will work on getting thru out the year.
    17" Grizzly bs
    10" Grizzly jointer
    Clearvue cyclone
    Exhuast fan, this is a must for refinishing and spraying.
    The wife is going to let me by a few festool sanders thruout the late summer and fall. Basicly have to wait for a few projects to get done and get paid for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Voorhees View Post
    You know, that is not such a bad idea. Afterall, sometime after I retire in five years or so, I plan on adding a dedicated finishing room in the area over the camper bay. I could add the doors sooner and then use them as an egress into and out of the new finishing room.
    While it was off the cuff, it's also a serious suggestion. There is NO WAY that any of the big stuff would have made it into Robert Tarr's shop without the doors and rental forklift, especially the FS35 J/P.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Fred, it looks like someone reasonably close to you is looking for a saw http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=73546
    Thanks Matt. I noticed this a few minutes ago and PM'd him. He's close enough for a "Creeker Visit".