Thread: Just Jioned ! Hello everyone .

Just Jioned ! Hello everyone .

Hello Everyone ,

Just Jioned here and I am having a lot of fun checking out all the posts .

About me , I am a full-time instrument maker ( Luthier ) and I specialize in bass guitars . If anyone would like to know more please feel free to contact me . I am especially interested in meeting people in the Dallas area as well as Ohio where I will be moving my operations in June .

Thanks for such a great forum ,

Pete

Hi Pete

Welcome aboard! I live in southern Ohio. Luthiery is on my list. I focus on furniture but I've been wanting to try my hand at building a guitar. A friend of mine builds mandolins and has been talking to me about it.

Very cool , I plan on hosting get-togethers for my customers but all who have interest are welcome . I will be living in Nellie Village just outside of Warsaw . I love furniture too and I hope to add that to my project list .

Pete

Welcome, Pete. And there are actually a number of folks here that play bass, either for real or at sometime in the past 'cause somebody needed to do it... LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

There's a great lumber place (Brenneman Lumber, 740-397-0573) about 20-30 mi west of where you'll be. I just bought some beech from them.

Welcome Pete. Good to have you here, even if you are from the otherside of the metroplex! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I like to eat bass but I dunno about fish guitars.

Welcome aboard...nice to have a luthier around...love watching you guys work!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Thanks for the welcome guys ! Like I said , this is a great forum . Yet another forum to stay up late to . My wife will be so happy

Pete

Welcome to the Creek Pete! I'm an old 60's rocker. I'm sitting here looking at my Fender Power Jazz bass. Since going deaf in my right ear, I don't play much anymore. Scared of damaging what hearing I have left.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....