Thread: Woo hoo! Woodworking Magazine is available for subscription!

Thumbs up Woo hoo! Woodworking Magazine is available for subscription!

I'm sure at least some of you have already heard the news, but I thought it was worth a mention in any event. Chris Schwarz's Woodworking Magazine is now available by subscription. You can read the details straight from the horse's mouth here.

I've been a fan of the magazine since I discovered it a couple of years ago, but have struggled to find it on even the best stocked newsstands here in Denver. I'm sure folks outside of major urban areas have had an even worse run of it. As a beginner with an interest in handtools, Woodworking Magazine has had far and away the highest "signal to noise" ratio of any woodworking publication I've come across. 2nd place definitely goes to Popular Woodworking... which Chris also edits. What can I say, I'm a fan.

Anyway, just thought I'd share the good news.

Happy Friday, All!
    Jon
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers --
    joined in the serious business of keeping our food,
    shelter, clothing and loved ones from combining
    with oxygen.
    -- Kurt Vonnegut

That is good news. I look for it every time I go to the bookstore - even if I just bought one.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

I really enjoy the magazine too. I subscribed earlier today. If anyone has not seen a copy, you can download a free back issue here.

Jonathan

"I left Earth three times. I found no place else to go. Please take care of Spaceship Earth." -- Wally Schirra, who flew around Earth on Mercury, Gemini and Apollo missions in the 1960s.

Woodworking Magazine

i'm really pleased to see this happen. It means the parent corporation finally believes the magazine can survive in the marketplace or is at least willing to give it a fair chance to succeed with subscriptions. I subscribed as soon as I received the e-zine announcement. It's one of my favorite magazines and now I won't have to search the bookstores to find it. Congratulations to Chris Schwarz and his staff for persevering and bringing it this far.

Same here! I subscribed as soon as I saw the e-mail in our box. I have every issue except the latest one. They're getting harder and harder to locate on the news stands. I've browsed about a dozen bookstores and have yet to find the latest issue. I may have to order it!

Pete
    "Last year we couldn't win at home. This year we can't win on the road.
    My failure as a coach is that I can't think of any other place to play."
    - Harry Neale, Vancouver Canucks

Issue 8, from last September was never distributed through "normal" newstand channels. Some woodworking stores carried it, but not bookstores and newsstands. You can download a PDF version (therby gaining instant gratification) from the website:

http://www.woodworking-magazine.com/...edate=9/1/2007

Bob Lang, senior editor
    Woodworking Magazine

It really is the best woodworking mag available. The book is great. I already signed up for my subscription.

Jon,

Thanks for the heads up. i also like the magazine and am putting an order in.