Thread: Love is...

Love is...

Your wife (Connie) helping out in the shop!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Todd,
    You are lucky. My wife tells she wants this made or for me to make this. She will not get her hands dirty w/sawdust or stain. But she was a bookkeeper when we met.
    What is your wife working on, stain, wood and what is it going to be.
    Oh by the way very pretty, the young lady that is.
    Randy
    Randy

Don't worry abuot tommorrow, it may never arrive
    Don't fret over yesterdays mistake, you can't undo them
    Just live today the best you can.

What a trooper!
    Waymon...
    ...My heroes are not athletes, entertainers or politicians;
    ALL my heroes wear US Armed Forces uniforms...

Todd,
    "Love really is..." A wife interested in your work is worth more than ANY tool! Mine, Patti, acts as another set of eyes, "You sure that's sqauare?" "I think think it needs another coat." You get the idea.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Randy, she's wiping off the sanding dust prior to coat #2 of lacquer. That's a hamper/drawer box for the linen case I made. I'm leaving now to go install it. More pictures this evening! Gotta like that RED!! (even though that's plotchy birch plywood)

You are a lucky man in that your lovely not only supports you being in business by yourself and also has no problem chipping in when an extra pair of hands is needed. That's worth a whole lot in the scheme of things. Kudos to the both of you!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Todd.....

You are a blessed man indeed.....I am blessed with just such a wife as yours.....down-home, pinches pennies and an excellent homeschool teacher and shop helper.....Oh, did I mention that she's also my best friend.?
    She really likes to work with me in the shop but the 4 kids keep her busy enough to where those times in the shop together are precious to me.!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Todd
    Who do you think handles the other end of a 4x8 sheet of plywood, but complains about MDF (claims it's heavier than plywood). I just say "ah com'on it's only 4x8".
    That's why they love us and we love them.
    She grumbles really low and under her breath, so I can't make out what she is saying.
    I just envision that she is saying , "I love you darling".
    For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, for handling 4x8s, for dusting before painting. Isn't that all under the contract we signed.
    kissy, kiss
    Daniel
    "Howdy" from Southwestern PA

Todd, I think that *many* of us have been blessed! LOML is on the business end of a paint roller as I write this! Gotta' love it!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Todd and others, glad this works for you.
    Me on the other hand I like my little shop to myself. Its my "get away from everything and everybody place". The last time my better half was in the shop with me, I asked her to hand me that combo square and I ended up with a pair of channel locks in my hand.
    Its a given that she could be taught all the fundamentals but she really has no interest in the shop other than her once in a great while pen turning session.
    However on the other side, it sure would be helpful to have an extra set of hands once in a while,,,,,, Todd can you send your extra set of hands over for a little bit? I'll return them with all digits still intact.
    Just funnin'. Glad it works out for you.

Let's face it. If it weren't for the fairer sex, we guys would still live in caves. Albeit tool-filled ones.

Todd,
    I know how lucky you are as my wife also is very supportive of my efforts and I have experiecned first hand the imact that has on a career.
    When I decided to leave motorsports and pursue woodworking full-time my wife backed me all the way. She does a lot of the finishing of non-lathe projects, helps with marketing and keeps an eye on my record keeping. Without her I'd be in big trouble, living in a box somewhere and not have a decent tool to my name.
    Be nice to the better half and your half gets better all the time!
    "Because There Is Always More To Learn"