Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woodsmith Shop TV show

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    Man, my local PBS station is apparently very lackluster. I haven't seen Woodsmith Shop at all and they run old episodes of NYW. I haven't seen the kitchen cabinet episodes at all.

I know, I should write them and ask for Woodsmith Shop. I'll go ahead and write, but I doubt my words will get any action.

If it weren't for lousy FCC regulations, I could pick any PBS station in the country to watch on my satellite dish.

Pat, I wrote to the Nashville PBS channel when I read about this in the magazine, and it took them a couple of weeks and then I got an email saying that they were going to put it on.

I just wish they had ditched that Scott Phillips program instead of the Router Workshop instead.

Doc
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

I can tell you that I am able to watch it on Sunday morning. I like it.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! athens!!!!!!!!!! bama boys are coming to town!!!

colin i've written apt multiple times, but have never recieved any replies. maybe in the future, but i'm not optimistic. fingers crossed though!
    The Country Toad Workshop Rogersville, Al

Hi Brad, I was beginning to think that I was the only member from "Bama". Glad to see that I am not the only one.

Regards, Colin
    Where's the beef.

Woodsmith TV Show

I'm really enjoying the show in Northern CA. We have a DVR which allows watching it anytime I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Janke View Post
    I'm really enjoying the show in Northern CA. We have a DVR which allows watching it anytime I like.
    If the show is not in your local area, then you need to write to your local PBS Station telling them you want to see the show. www.pbs.org

I did this and some even wrote back. We are finally going to get the show here.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Just View Post
    NEVERMIND! Just discovered one of the stations will start carrying it next week!
    Which station? I looked and found nothing.

To Brad and Colin,

NPT out of Nashville has it on on Saturdays, if you can get Tennessee channels.

Doc
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

Greg, no can do. I will have to go to my Mother in Law inMemphis in order to watch.

Oh, well.

Regards, Colin
    Where's the beef.

Drawers

After watching the show about making drawers I got the plans for the rollaway tool box from the website. I built the carcase last week and the drawers today. So far I have used only material I had leftover or saved except for the drawer slides. I hope it helps reduce the clutter.
    Cannon

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hines, MD View Post
    To Brad and Colin,

NPT out of Nashville has it on on Saturdays, if you can get Tennessee channels.

Doc
    It's on in Atlanta on Sunday mornings at
    I think 11:30 or noon if you can get PBS in Atlanta, channel 8. It has been on since the first of the year. I miss most of them but I tivo it and then record them onto dvds for future reference.
    War Eagle!

We have it in the Chicagoland now since the beginning of th year. I like so far, I feel it's gear more to the newbe. But feel you can never turn your back on an education. In life, well as woodworking there's always new things to learn. For those of you in the area it's on WYCC at 12:00pm on Sunday.
    Last edited by Russ Massery; 02-24-2008 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Added day

13. Hey guys,

Thanks for the great comments.

If you'd like to know if the show is on in your area, you can search on our website. You can click here to access our online web search tool. Simply click on the link and type in your zip code. You'll see if the show is on in your area. If it is not, you will be given a link to contact your local PBS affiliate.

Someone asked me if the show would be available on DVD or online. Currently (due to contract limitations), we aren't able to sell the show online or on DVD. But, that is in the works down the road. Currently, the only way to watch the show is on TV. If it's not on in your area, please contact your local station. They are generally very responsive when viewers contact them.

Jason asked who the show is distributed by. The show is produced by Iowa Public Television and is distributed by NETA I believe. Hope that answers your question.

Anyway, thanks again for all of the kind words!

Brian