Thread: Bandsaw blade advice?

Bandsaw blade advice?

I just recently bought the powermatic 14" BS. I was thinking about running timberwolf blades, I'm assuming they are pretty good? I see they've got about 25 different types of blades, And I'm wanting to get away with 3, maximum!!!!!!!! Any thoughts???????? I'm thinking (but I don't have a clue) like a 1/4" for fairly tight curve detail work, a 3/8 or 1/2" 6 POS. Claw for general cutting and a 3/4" 3 AS-S for resawing. It says on the "raker" blades for a "very clean finish". I figured on the general cutting one I probably wouldn't want or need that,,,,,,,, figuring no matter what the general cutting is I would be sanding or touching up the cut no matter what?????/ Any thoughts would be appreciated.

3/16" with at least 10 tpi for tight corners, 1/4 inche for general cutting, 1/2" with 3 tpi for resawing. Timperwolf is a good choice. That's all I use.

Call Suffolk and discuss with them how you intend to use the saw. They will recommend the right assortment for you. And be sure to buy two of the blade you intend to have on the saw the most...band saw blades are disposables and it's a darn inconvenient thing to "run out of blade" on the weekend in the middle of a project...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

If you got the riser block and plan on resawing material wider than 6 inches, I'd recommend the 3TPI POS 3/4 inch blade. I resawed a 12 inch piece of mahagony today on my Grizzly G0555X using that blade and it worked like a charm.

Suffolk currently has a buy 3 get one free deal going. However, the free one can't be wider than 1/2 inch. So, you can get 4 blades for the price of the 3 that you were planning on buying anyway! Great Blades, too!

I followed Jim's advice.....I bought 2 of the 3/4 blades for resawing, which is what I intend to use this saw for mostly.
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

Thanks for the advice guys!

Chris, there's a little problem with getting 3 timberwolf blades. When you do that, Suffolk gives you one free.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!